Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

RADISSON® 1 FOR 1 Stay One Night, Get One Night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RADISSON® 1 FOR 1 Stay One Night, Get One Night

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by filelover
I had heard that in recent promos they had added that the member has to be there in person for check in and out. Is that actually enforced?

This is covered extensively in other threads.
The answer is Yes. The properties enforce it, and Carlson makes them enforce it. The member needs to check in. For check out, that's not as important; just don't make it obvious that you're leaving the property for good after a few minutes.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
I don't think I detailed my question well. What I meant was if there is a property where they are willing to check me in without being physically present, is there a way that Club Carlson would know? For e.g. that the card wasn't swiped?

Originally Posted by jerry305
This is covered extensively in other threads.
The answer is Yes. The properties enforce it, and Carlson makes them enforce it. The member needs to check in. For check out, that's not as important; just don't make it obvious that you're leaving the property for good after a few minutes.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:39 am

It says " Free Night Award is nontransferable" but can you book an award stay for another person? I wasn't sure if nontrasferable meant can't transfer to another account or can't use it to book a free night for family members. I haven't used Carlson much but SPG, IHG etc let you do that.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by filelover
I don't think I detailed my question well. What I meant was if there is a property where they are willing to check me in without being physically present, is there a way that Club Carlson would know? For e.g. that the card wasn't swiped?
Club Carlson knows only what the property reports to them.

Sounds like a very special Family & Friends program...

BTW, there was a property that was willing to do this a couple of rounds ago, even without knowing the guest, but word got around, and.....
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:21 am

To redeem these nights, does there have to be Gold point availability or just revenue rate availability (eg. Radisson Martinique over Thanksgiving)
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:30 pm

Yeah they did that for me and a number of my family members. I noticed that property is not even a Radisson property anymore.

Originally Posted by Firewind
Club Carlson knows only what the property reports to them.

Sounds like a very special Family & Friends program...

BTW, there was a property that was willing to do this a couple of rounds ago, even without knowing the guest, but word got around, and.....
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by jjj0002
Does anyone know if reservations made by travel agents like American express travel will qualify for this promotion?
FAQ states,
Ineligible rates and exclusions include, employee rates, family and friend rates, airline crew rates, travel agent rates, hotel employee rates, room rates that are billed on a master bill, tour operator rates, wholesaler rates, or rates booked through online travel companies or other third parties in which you pay for that booking directly to such online travel company or third party.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:36 pm

Two questions:
- how do I know I'm one of the first 50k
- if it's "Radisson Suites.." is it still Radisson?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by javabean
Two questions:
- how do I know I'm one of the first 50k
- if it's "Radisson Suites.." is it still Radisson?
- Not sure, but I think if you get the confirmation page you should print it or take a screen shot.

- I believe Radisson Suites would count. Country Inns, Park Plaza, and Park Inn would be excluded.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:37 pm

Will BRG rate work with this promotion? I did BRG rates for the last 50K promotion and they qualified.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by frugaltravel
Will BRG rate work with this promotion? I did BRG rates for the last 50K promotion and they qualified.
I would expect that the reliability of it working with this promo is the same as the reliability of it working under the last 50k promotion.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by groobie
Well the Radisson Martinique on Broadway is close to the theater district and is going for $350/night, but I can get a 30% off rate at the Radisson Ontario Airport for $70. If my husband and I each do it, that's a significant savings for a few nights we're going to stay in NYC anyway. <Cough, cough, RGN-YUL, "accidentally" miss that connection at JFK>
Don't count on doing the Radisson Martinique. This promo requires award availability - and the Radisson Martinique either has very little availability or does not accept gold points at all, because I can not find one single day (even in the off season) where I could book a room using my gold points.

It's because of that, that I can say that this promo kinda sucks. A free day is nice, but since it's limited to the US, immediately the value of the promo is low...and considering that almost all US Radisson properties can be had on Priceline for more than half the rack rate, there's no incentive or real deal here. Add to that, the fact that most Radisson's vary in quality and arent in the major cities where I need them (Vegas, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, NYC), I think I'll pass on this one, or at the very least, not specifically try for it.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by DallasEsq
- Not sure, but I think if you get the confirmation page you should print it or take a screen shot.

- I believe Radisson Suites would count. Country Inns, Park Plaza, and Park Inn would be excluded.
Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
A free day is nice, but since it's limited to the US...
Not correct. Last time I checked Canada and the Caribbean island nations are NOT part of the US, but they are included in the promo:

"The first 50,000 Club Carlson members to register for the Radisson® 1 for 1 promotion will be eligible for a Free Night Award at any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel in the US, Canada or Caribbean."
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:12 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Don't count on doing the Radisson Martinique. This promo requires award availability - and the Radisson Martinique either has very little availability or does not accept gold points at all, because I can not find one single day (even in the off season) where I could book a room using my gold points.
Again, this is incorrect. I checked every day in the first week of January 2013 and free night awards (at 50K points) are available on all of them at the Radisson Martinique.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.