Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Bosphorus Istanbul?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: AC E, Fairmont PC Plat, HH Gold, Plat Amb
Originally Posted by unknown786
Did you e-mail before asking for upgrade or just got lucky?!
I was probably just lucky.
I did not send any email, but I asked politely at check in for a room with Bosphorus view. The gentleman at the desk said none was available, but he offered the upgrade to the duplex unit which had partial view.
I did tip the guy at the front desk, but that was after he gave us the upgrade.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:28 pm

Hmm, if the rioting continues into July, then I'll probably have to stay at the Bosphorus rather than the Taksim Square RB, assuming I'm still going.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 9:39 pm

Was just checking rates for the Blu Bosphorus during mid-July; 75K points per night! And here I thought 60K was the max.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Was just checking rates for the Blu Bosphorus during mid-July; 75K points per night! And here I thought 60K was the max.

Well, the max for a standard award is 50K. 75k is a premium award, which is a business class room typically.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by berlinflyer83
Well, the max for a standard award is 50K. 75k is a premium award, which is a business class room typically.
Oh ok, thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:08 am

So I booked 2 nights here for a Business class room on points; any chance I'll be upgraded as a Carlson Gold?

I'm unfortunately arriving in Istanbul on a weekday at 5pm and I fear the traffic will be terrible. How much is a taxi ride from the airport and should I expect a 2-hour trip?

Would it be faster if I took a taxi to Eminonu and then a seabus/seataxi from there to Ortakoy?

The traffic situation has me wondering if I should just book the new Radisson Pera by Taksim Square instead, but there's something quaint about the Ortakoy location that I'd like to try.

**Nevermind; I decided to go ahead and book 3 nights in the new Radisson Pera. My first time in Istanbul and while Ortakoy sounds picturesque, it also sounds like a pain to reach.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Jun 22, 2013 at 9:44 am
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:29 am

Anyone know if the business class rooms are equipped with plug converters for US guests? If not, is this something the front desk offers to its guests?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:08 pm

Anyone know if the business class rooms are equipped with plug converters for US guests? If not, is this something the front desk offers to its guests?
OK I emailed the hotel and they said that they can provide complimentary outlet converters to their guests.

I would think that their Business Class room would have such converters but better not to make assumptions.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Traffic will probably be terrible. Public transportation isn't that fast either. I believe you will need a train to a tram to the tunel to get near where you are going. (somebody correct me if that is wrong)

My last trip to IST I used these folks for airport transportation

Prepaid taxi

I did have a problem on the return where the driver was told an incorrect price for the trip, but that was straightened out with a phone call. Other than that, a fixed fee that is about the same as a taxi isn't bad. Plus, after the 10H TK flight (just a guess from your DCA home), relaxing in the back seat is much nicer than standing on a tram.

Enjoy IST

Cheers -

So I booked 2 nights here for a Business class room on points; any chance I'll be upgraded as a Carlson Gold?

I'm unfortunately arriving in Istanbul on a weekday at 5pm and I fear the traffic will be terrible. How much is a taxi ride from the airport and should I expect a 2-hour trip?

Would it be faster if I took a taxi to Eminonu and then a seabus/seataxi from there to Ortakoy?

The traffic situation has me wondering if I should just book the new Radisson Pera by Taksim Square instead, but there's something quaint about the Ortakoy location that I'd like to try.

**Nevermind; I decided to go ahead and book 3 nights in the new Radisson Pera. My first time in Istanbul and while Ortakoy sounds picturesque, it also sounds like a pain to reach.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 8:38 pm

Thanks thegrailer! I'll post my report of the property, very much looking forward to it.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:34 am

Thanks everyone for your help!

Just checked into my business class room, it's beautiful. Direct view of the Bosphorus, with a good view of the Bridge and over the restaurant. Only downside is that it's on the 1st floor.

Wi-Fi slightly weak, but good enough for me to post on FT!

Taxi ride was 60 TL from Ataturk Airport, only took an hour despite the fact that we left the airport around rush hour. Traffic wasn't as bad as I had feared. Beautiful weather here. Glad I chose this over the Taksim Radisson; Bosphorus view + breakfast are well worth it. Seems more tranquil too.

Can't wait until breakfast tomorrow!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
Smile Happy for you

Can't wait until breakfast tomorrow!
Don't forget the camera!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
I love the buffet breakfast at the Radisson Bosphorus - they really do offer a great variety. If you are planning on going out don't even bother to leave Ortaköy if you haven't been to the area before - there are plenty of restaurants and bars on your doorstep. And if you like sweets just head to the sweets and waffles stalls right opposite the Bosporus cruise terminal - they are amazing. Out of the hotel entrance take the street straight ahead of you - turn right and head towards the Bosphorus - follow the shoreline to the Mosque ahead and take a left up there -voila.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:16 am

Oh trust me, I definitely took pictures of the super buffet breakfast.

Thanks FTers for the tip! We caught the ferry from Eminonu back to Ortakoy for 3TL per person, almost didn't make it in time. The Ortakoy ferry station is about 100 feet from the Radisson Blu, super convenient.

Love the front desk staff at the RBlu.

Forgot to mention that our taxi passed by the Radisson Blu Taksim. Looked pretty new, but I definitely prefer the Radisson Blu Bosphorus. Just more peaceful and tranquil at Ortakoy.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Jul 17, 2013 at 10:31 am
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
So you ended up in Ortakoy rather than Taksim - so much for my directions then . It's a nice hotel in Ortakoy and the service is good too. Enjoy and make sure you chow down on lots of kumpir.

Oh trust me, I definitely took pictures of the super buffet breakfast.

Thanks FTers for the tip! We caught the ferry from Eminonu back to Ortakoy for 3TL per person, almost didn't make it in time. The Ortakoy ferry station is about 100 feet from the Radisson Blu, super convenient.

Love the front desk staff at the RBlu.

Forgot to mention that our taxi passed by the Radisson Blu Taksim. Looked pretty new, but I definitely prefer the Radisson Blu Bosphorus. Just more peaceful and tranquil at Ortakoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.