Wiki Posts
Search

Budapest - which hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Budapest - which hotel?

I am planning a trip to Budapest. Which Radssion is better?
Radisson Blu Beke or art'otel?

Anyone tried both?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Exclamation

why not have a look at the forum, before you ask some questiojn (which is already awnsered..)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...riences-2.html
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by martinrennard
I am planning a trip to Budapest. Which Radssion is better?
Radisson Blu Beke or art'otel?

Anyone tried both?
Mostly while the other post contains invaluable information on the properties themselves, I must add one very important point: the location of the hotels. If you plan to travel within the city (or to the city from the airport or v.v) using public transport, than there is no better location than the Raddison Blu Béke. If you are after some nice view over the Danube, definitely choose the art'otel.

(I've only personally stayed in the Radisson Blu Béke, it is indeed a nice property.)
Old May 2, 2013, 3:39 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
I'm CC gold. Based on the Gold upgrade thread it looks like Elites are treated very well at the Radisson.

This hotel is now only 9,000 points for a standard room award and only 13,500 points for a premium business class room award - including breakfast.

Is it worth spending the extra 4,500 points/night or should I try my luck and hope for an upgrade. Since 4,500 points are not worth much I figured I'd take the business class award but wanted to post here and see what recent experiences people have had.

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
The Art'otel is lovely if you can get a room over Danube with the view of the Parliament. I just sat on the room balcony drinking beer...
Old May 30, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by piyush
I'm CC gold. Based on the Gold upgrade thread it looks like Elites are treated very well at the Radisson.

This hotel is now only 9,000 points for a standard room award and only 13,500 points for a premium business class room award - including breakfast.

Is it worth spending the extra 4,500 points/night or should I try my luck and hope for an upgrade. Since 4,500 points are not worth much I figured I'd take the business class award but wanted to post here and see what recent experiences people have had.

Thanks!
I'm bumping this question because I will be in Budapest next month, booking 5 nights at the Radisson Blu Beke. Used the extra 4,500 points per night for the Business Class room, seems like a great deal. Yes? How's the breakfast there?
Thanks for any info.
Old May 30, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I'm bumping this question because I will be in Budapest next month, booking 5 nights at the Radisson Blu Beke. Used the extra 4,500 points per night for the Business Class room, seems like a great deal. Yes? How's the breakfast there?
Thanks for any info.
When I was there two years ago, breakfast was good, but nothing special. However, the chairs in the breakfast area were so filthy that I was reluctant sitting on them...
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:13 am

Just stayed at Art'Otel after booking in the lobby of the Blu.

Art is a beautiful modern hotel, with Concierge we got a nice suite with a view of the Duna. Breakfast is the same throughout Radisson's I stayed at on this Trip in Europe (Blu Berlin, Blue Prague) but it's the staff that make this hotel. All the guys at the front desk know the city inside out and are willing to take the time to tell you about their personal experiences at restaurants shopping.

In terms of distance, if you can navigate the trams (which is a piece of cake), they're about 10 minutes apart.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by vbroucek
When I was there two years ago, breakfast was good, but nothing special. However, the chairs in the breakfast area were so filthy that I was reluctant sitting on them...
I stayed 5 nights at the radisson in June and while it's an older hotel that is getting desperately in need of a refurb, it still has nice architecture and a good location- 2 blocks from the nyugati train and subway, meaning an easy trip from the airport.
The 13,500 points for a business class room is a great deal, since you get a larger room (in my case a suite) and free breakfast IN THE ROOM. I really liked having room service breakfast-- the Beke's breakfast room is pretty dire. The hotel is regularly priced at around $90 per night which is decent but you can probably do better elsewhere unless you're using Club Carlson points- in that case it's a great deal!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:05 am

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Beke for 3 nights last weekend as a Gold. Booked premium award for 13,500 points /night, so 27K points total with credit card. Got upgraded to a corner suite, which was outstanding value since we were 2 adults and 2 children. The room furnishings are not luxurious, but the wall colors and the simple chandelier in the bedroom actually felt homey. The hotel is dated but clean and in good condition.

Never heard any other guests, street noise was minimal with closed windows (we were on 2nd floor).

Wifi worked well enough in the room and at the breakfast restaurant, even managed a quick Skype session with US.

Breakfast was decent although started getting old on the last morning. I was happy to see several types of fresh fruit. On the weekend the breakfast restaurant was rather empty, but much busier on Monday, and staff had harder time, they took quite a long time to clear empty plates.

The location and the upgrade made all the difference for us, an unbeatable value. It made our first trip to Budapest so pleasant that we want to go back just to stay at the Beke again.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
If one is staying here on award stay are the taxes included or not? The description is confusing.

Club Carlson - Premium Award-Business Class
PRICE:
13 500 Gold Points® (average) Per night Tax included For 1 night(s) per room

ROOM DESCRIPTION:
- +/- 26 square metres
- Overlooking the Grand Boulvard
- Buffet breakfast, premium movies, newspaper, bathrobe and slippers included
- Room type / Bed type / Smoking preference confirmed
- 1 cot is possible
- Free broadband and in-room NESPRESSO coffee machine
- 18% VAT and 4% City Tax is excluded
- Rates quoted in EUR are converted and charged in local currency and may vary subject to the application of an internal exchange rate which may differ from rates set by the National Bank of Hungary in effect at the time of your stay
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:14 pm

I didn't pay any taxes.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Ok, that's good to hear. Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ghenu
If one is staying here on award stay are the taxes included or not? The description is confusing.
[...]
- 18% VAT and 4% City Tax is excluded
18% tax on a free room are 0.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:19 am

I was charged nothing at check-out except for one of the days there was a "tray charge" of HUF500 (US$2.50) for Breakfast Room Service. Remember, on your 13,500 point Business Class redemption, you can do Room Service. That breakfast room, while acceptable, isn't so pleasant if there's a huge tour group there. I really enjoyed breakfast in my suite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.