Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:42 pm

Radisson Blu Sky, Tallinn Estonia

- What is your Club Carlson status? Gold
- Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)Radisson Blu Sky, Tallinn, Estonia
- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard Room on points, received standard room with amazing view of old town
- Did you receive elite benefits? Yes, plate of 3 kinds of cut fruit delivered to my room, note in my room.

Lovely stay, walkable distance to Old Town. Good breakfast, included with room. Would definitely return. Friendly staff that remembered my name - a nice touch.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:51 pm

Radisson Blu Astorija, Vilnius, Lithuania

- Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country) Radisson Blu Astorija, Vilnius Lithuania
- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? 2 Standard rooms on 442 rate. My room was larger and had a nicer view than my traveling companion's, which had no view at all.
- Did you receive elite benefits? Nice note and plate of assorted whole fruit in room. Upgraded view, as described above.

Hotel is in the center of Old Town. Staff was helpful with regard to confirming car reservation for me (I don't speak Lithuanian) and in locating parking -- there is none associated with the hotel. Hotel gets a lot of tour groups so plan your breakfast time to avoid them (there is a bulletin board to the left of the reception desk where the tour groups post their schedules - we learned to check it and plan breakfast accordingly).
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:58 pm

Radisson Blu Klaipeda, Lithuania

- Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country) Radisson Blu Klaipeda Lithuania
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Business Class room on points
- Did you receive elite benefits? Handwritten Note and a small box of chocolates. Room appeared to be much larger than others - unusually so, given this was Europe.

Great stay. We had a very early flight out and inquired as to what the breakfast options would be at 4 am. Hotel packed us a lovely huge breakfast (one bag for each of us) including fruit, yogurt, juice, sandwiches and pastry. Totally unexpected and much appreciated. Would go back here in a heartbeat.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 5:18 pm

Radisson Blu Elizabete, Riga, Latvia

- Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country) Radisson Blu Elizabete, Riga, Latvia
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Standard Twin Room on points. Arrived at hotel around 8 am and was given choice of immediate check in on low floor or higher floor at normal check in time. All twin rooms in this hotel have interior courtyard view so not much upgrade was possible. Front desk was apologetic but frank about the situation. Sent us for a free breakfast after checkin.
- Did you receive elite benefits? No note, nothing sent up to the room. Only one bottle of free water per day (in Latvia, that's an issue -- we ended up buying some more). I did get a one day pass to the fitness center/spa area but ended up not using it. We got breakfast on the day of arrival, as well as for both nights of our stay. We also got an unusually early check-in, which was worth considerably more to us than a note or some chocolate.

Nice stay, but the hotel was considerably busier than the other 3 and we did not get the same level of personal service that we got at the others. Excellent location. There is a nice cafeteria a few doors down (Lido) with good, inexpensive (and quickly served) food.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: OZ *G, AB Sapphire
- Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country) Radisson Blu Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Somehow
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room with breakfast. Asked for early check-in (8 am) during booking. Early check-in was no problem when I arrived, I immediately got my room, though no room upgrade.
- Did you receive elite benefits? No, except for early check-in

Their room service got me really sick on the last day (I had a steak). As 'compensation' they gave me a free shuttle to the airport the next morning (normal value: 7 USD). Not really pleased with the treatment.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:30 am

Radisson Blu Plaza - Helsinki, Finland

What is your Club Carlson status? Concierge

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)Radisson Blu Plaza - Helsinki, Finland

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, got standard. Front desk agent was quite apologetic but said nothing could be done as they are 100% fully booked due to several conferences in the city. Anyway, they threw in Executive lounge access, which was a nice thing...

Did you receive elite benefits? Late check-out (2pm) even though they were fully booked and very busy, in-room welcome gift, lounge access and comped breakfast for two.

How are the rooms?
Nice hotel, typical cool Nordic interior, clean and modern but nothing special.

What was good, what was bad?
Great location in the heart of the city, executive lounge with coffee, tea and snacks all day and happy hour between 5pm and 7pm with free drinks and light meal is a nice
The typical Nordic breakfast options were not too my taste...

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
Was quite expensive with over 200EUR/night, wouldn't book it for that price if I have to pay for it but if the company pays... yes, sure .
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just finished up a few stays in FRANCE, all the hotels were very nice. All the rooms were booked for two nights each with points during the US Bank stay one get one free night offer. Booked under old points structure before devaluation. Since it was during Eurocup, rates were through the roof, ie, upwards of E400!

All hotels gave me 20% off food and drinks, at check out.

What is your Club Carlson status?
Concierge

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Paris Champs Elysees
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room, received business class room, small balcony, nice view of Arc de T (Checkin stated that hotel only has 44 rooms, I was getting one of nicest non-suite rooms)
Did you receive elite benefits?
- Room upgrade: Yes.
- Early Check In: 11am
- Late Check Out: Not needed
- In-Room Welcome Gift: 2 drinks at bar, welcome amenity; Breakfast for 2, continental, Euro 5 upgrade to full.

Overall very nice location, very small hotel, small rooms

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris

Yes

Booked standard room, large suite

- Room upgrade: Yes
- Early Check In: 11am
- In-Room Welcome Gift: Candy, bottle of champagne, mustard jar, cookies. Welcome drink at bar and two full breakfasts. Hotel has a decent spa and pool. Also has shuttle to disneyland/train station.

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Nice France

Yes

Booked standard room, received business class room, ocean view balcony.

- Early Check In: Not needed
- In-Room Welcome Gift: Water, candy

Full breakfast as concierge. This hotel has a nice rooftop pool, bar, restaurant

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Marseille, France

Yes, great location

Booked standard room, got possibly the nicest room in hotel, large suite with an attached private terrace with excellent views. Had lunch and dinner here every day. Excellent views. One of the nicest rooms I have received.

- Early Check In: Not needed
- In-Room Welcome Gift: Fruits, nuts, and water, welcome note.

Full breakfast as concierge.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: PINS VIP, Club Carlson Concierge, Nordic Choice Gold
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa at Dubrovnik Sun Gardens, Croatia

Concierge

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
4 nights at Radisson Blu Resort & Spa at Dubrovnik Sun Gardens, Croatia

Happy

Booked standard, received Deluxe room (double the size)

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes (standard upgraded to deluxe)
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Not required
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes (dried fruit and nuts)
Free breakfast - Not needed (included in room rate)
Welcomed as a member at check in and with a letter in room

How are the rooms?
The deluxe room was huge, even the standard rooms are quite spacious. Big balcony overlooking the Adriatic sea with an amazing view. Rooms feel fresh and were well equipped.

What was good and what was bad?
Good: great service and the resort itself was very beautiful. wide range of activities offered on site
Bad: there was no running water on our last night and morning due to some problems with the supply. While it didn't ruin our holiday because we were leaving soon anyway, other guests might not have been too happy - the staff didn't give any timeline when it would be resolved.
Bad: overpriced restaurants, but the nearby town of Zaton had many nice cheaper restaurants

Used 70,000 Gold Points/night and felt it was good value. You get a lot included on the resort with 3 pools, beach, spa, good breakfast buffet, very beautiful location (although 20 min drive away from Dubrovnik) and very professional and friendly staff.
Overall I liked this hotel slightly better than when I spent the same amount of points at the snobbish (and undoubtedly very good) May Fair in London.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
Park Inn Zurich Airport

Gold

Park Inn Zurich Airport, Switzerland

Mostly yes

Booked a triple room, received same.

How are the rooms?
The room itself was large enough for three people. Single bed for the third person. The shower in our room was separate from the bathroom/toilet, and is exposed to the rest of the room. While the shower walls are not transparent, you could clearly see the outline of someone in the shower. So it might not be a great option if you're modest or are traveling in mixed company or with people with whom you aren't close.

Good: They held our bags while we explored the city since we couldn't check-in early. About a 15 minute walk to a light rail station. Supermarkets, caf, wine shop, a Subway, and gas stations across the street. Free shuttle from and to the airport.

Bad: exhibitionist shower as mentioned above. Very early check-in was denied.

Used free night certificate. It served its purpose and got us a night in an expensive city, so I can't complain much.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
Radisson Portland Airport

Gold

Radisson Portland Airport, Oregon, USA

Mostly yes

Booked standard, received king suite.

How are the rooms?
Suite was very spacious. It included a dining area that could seat 4-6 people comfortably. Small fridge and microwave. View was of the nearby golf course. Suite did not have a door between the living area and the bedroom. It looked like the couch in the living area could be pulled out into an additional bed.

Good: Upgrade to suite, free shuttle from and to the airport, staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle available 24/7.

Bad: Hotel is in fairly close proximity to train tracks and I could hear a train pass by at about 2 AM. Hotel did provide earplugs. Shuttle to the airport left a little late. Ordered fish and chips from room service and the fish portion was extremely small.

For 28k points it was decent value and I'd consider returning if I were in the area.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson Roseville, MN (Minneapolis Area)

CONCIERGE

Mostly yes

Booked standard, received king suite.
Two welcome drink coupons, used 1 at restaurant for any beverage (except top shelf) and the other for Starbucks. Breakfast voucher at restaurant. 15% discount at restaurant. Very nice steakhouse.

How are the rooms?
Room was spacious.Small fridge and microwave. View of parking lot. Mostly modern decor.

Good: Upgrade to suite, free shuttle,staff was friendly and helpful. Starbucks on location. Fine Dine restaurant on location.

Bad: Motel layout, long, long hallways that conduct noise very well. Could hear slamming doors and ice machine that were at end of hall. Hotel is surrounded by parking lot, can hear cars.

A bit expensive, Radisson at MOA is better value
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Gold

Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel,
Tallinn Estonia

Neither happy nor unhappy.

Booked standard, received standard.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Not/maybe. Hotel had new wing and old wing and received a room in the new wing.
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Late check out
In-Room Welcome Gift - No
Free breakfast - Included in rate

How are the rooms?

Room was on the small side but recently renovated. Bathroom was OK for the area.

Good: The spa and very spacious gym access is a nice bonus. Most rates include the breakfast which is nice considering the level of the hotel.

Bad: Only parts of reception staff are able to communicate in English. There are very few services in the immediate vincinity and the location is a 15-minute walk from the main tourist areas.

Value for money when there are promotions. Also reasonable value for points as it's a category 2 location.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
What is your Club Carlson status? Gold

Where did you stay? Radisson Blu Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard room, received an upgrade to a "business" room on the top foor.

Did you receive elite benefits? Yes - Complimentary Room Upgrade, Early Check In

How are the rooms? Amazing. This is a pretty new hotel (or at least very well kept up). Since I was upgraded, I as on the top floor, where I had almost floor to ceiling windows around half the room giving me an amazing view of the airport; I could see the planes taking off one by one, which was really cool to watch. The room was spacious, the bed was super comfortable, they had all the amenities I might need (fridge, coffeemaker, free slippers, etc..) In general the room design was very nice, tones of blue that were very aesthetically pleasing. The room also had blackout curtains so I could sleep in complete darkness during the day (which I needed to due to my crazy travel schedule)

- What was good and what was bad? Everything was wonderful, really. I arrived at 11am after an overnight flight that took 15 hours and was exhausted; they let me check in at 11 to an upgraded room where I could crash for the entire day and leave at 3am the next morning). They gave me a free upgrade to my status, the concierges were incredibly polite and helpful, and directed me on how to quickly get to the airport. They also have an amazing rooftop restaurant with a terrace, where you can watch the planes take off at sunset while you eat, and they bring you out blankets if you get cold.

- Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return? Definitely! I paid about $80 (since the exchange rate for the ruble to the USD is so good right now) and got an upgraded room on the top floor - definitely an excellent deal!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Radisson Blu Plaza, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Concierge

Radisson Blu Plaza, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Yes

Booked standard, received triple upgrade to a 60sq m One Bedroom Suite

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, a bottle of fizz with "gold" in it, a fruit plate, a piece of cheesecake and a bottle of water.

How are the rooms?
on the fourteenth floor and very quiet as there are only three rooms here

Good:
The size of the suite: two toilets, two TVs, separate living room, great views
Very attentive staff on reception
Comfy bed on a quiet floor
Bad:
The public areas of the hotel are very dated (90s style) - this is not one of the Radisson Blus you say "wow" when you go inside.
Breakfast was chaotic if you went at a busy time, no one to take your room number or show you a table.
The bar snack/in-room menu was very limited and not inspiring
The hotel is not central but it is easy to get into town - see tips below

I stayed 4 nights at a cash and points rate (56 + 10,000) and with the room upgrade it was good value. On the assumption I would get a similar upgrade I would return.

Tips

A taxi from the airport costs 33 but I got one of the 9 shuttles which was absolutely fine.

The hotel sells the Urbana card which you need to travel on the buses and can put as many trips as you want 1.20 each on the card for you. The 27 bus goes every 15 minutes opposite the Kolossej cinema and a journey to the city centre takes 17 minutes.

Either side of the main entrance to the Kolossej cinema is a McDonalds and an Italian restaurant called Puccini and there are other restaurants in the retail park in which the hotel is situated.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:56 am

Gold Elite

Where did you stay?
(Brand, Location, Country)
Radisson Blu, Berlin, Germany

Yes

Booked standard, received standard as hotel was full, but located on upper floors and with view of Spree River and Berliner Dom

Complimentary Room Upgrade - No
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, a bottler of organic fizzy lemonade and apple

How are the rooms?
Located on the 5th floor (out of 6) really quiet, could not hear noises from either inside or outside.

Since I got the room at discount with the Carlsson BRG, even lower than the F&F rate, definitely a great value for money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.