FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Club Carlson redemption rate increase?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1367021-club-carlson-redemption-rate-increase.html)

Awwucks Jul 16, 2012 11:08 am

Club Carlson redemption rate increase??

Hopefully someone will point out an obvious error, and Club Carlson isn't really jacking up the points required for redemptions one day after the Big Night giveaway ends. But here's what I see:

Search Reykjavik - Sept 2 - Sept 5
Radisson Blu 1919 - 66000 pts per night! :td:
Radisson Blu Saga - 57000 pts per night! :td:

Just last week I searched these exact hotels and they came up as the normal category 6 for 50000 and category 5 for 44000 respectively. That's a 32% and 30% increase!

Even weirder, I did a search in Chicago and all the levels turned up normal. The award chart at clubcarlson.com still shows up normal as well. When we're seen this in the past it's often because an IT "glitch" occurs that eventually becomes permanent and got released too soon.

I grabbed a screen shot to prove I'm not insane, but I am really hoping someone can tell me it's not true...

Awwucks Jul 16, 2012 11:08 am

Even worse!

Check out Cape Town - 75000 points / night for the Radisson Blu Waterfront!

kauppias Jul 16, 2012 11:13 am

These are most likely for premium rooms 150% redemption rates if standard rooms are sold out :)

Awwucks Jul 16, 2012 11:15 am

:D :D

THAT is exactly what I was looking for! Sorry!! I had never seen that come up in searches - I'd only seen standard points or no availability.

Wow. I need to figure out how to change the title of my thread before anyone else has a mild anxiety attack like I just did.

kauppias Jul 16, 2012 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Awwucks (Post 18939802)
:D :D

THAT is exactly what I was looking for! Sorry!! I had never seen that come up in searches - I'd only seen standard points or no availability.

Wow. I need to figure out how to change the title of my thread before anyone else has a mild anxiety attack like I just did.

No worries :) all awnsers can be found here :)

jpdx Jul 16, 2012 11:48 am

As we have a number of active threads about premium rooms, I will close this thread.

Some hotels offer an opportunity to redeem points for premium room awards. These awards are generally priced at 150% of the standard reward rate (e.g., 75k for a premium room at a Category 6 property). Premium awards can represent good value or be complete sucker bets. In some cases, you will receive a business class room or even suite, with other benefits like club access or breakfast thrown in. In other cases, you will get a marginally larger room equipped with a bathrobe and slippers. Whether premium awards are a good buy will depend not just on the respective hotel’s offer, but also on your valuation of points. Make sure to read the room description before you decide. For discussion about premium rooms, please check this thread.

jpdx, CC Moderator