Search

Park Inn Copenhagen Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Park Inn Copenhagen Airport

Location - about 5 km from airport. There is no shuttle , but the hotel is very easily accessible via the Metro system (not the train). Get a ticket from Copenhagen Airport to Femøren station - and walk down the station in the direction of the train you just got out of, turn left and the hotel is just 20 steps away !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Co..._Metro_map.svg

The front door is small. You might miss it entirely but you'll see a row of cars parked directly in front of it. There is a carpark for the hotel, but its around the corner with its own entrance. Don't know what the fee is.

I had booked a Cash + Points night. (10K points + 705 DKR)

Reception is right in front. Receptionist mentioned that its a half points and half cash stay but yet the registration card had no details on it , neither does it have my Club Carlson number. When I mentioned why not as they need my number to get paid the points, no? She shrugged her shoulders as if she didn't care. I told her that they need to find the number (as I don't have my card with me and I can only access it online to find it ) to get points for this stay, the receptionist then said that the rate I am paying is too low so that I will not get any points. When I insisted that I should, she then asked her manager who also repeated what she said until he realised that it is Club Carlson then he said yes.

I went up to my room first and then said that i will come down with the number..since I have to log into my account first.

The room is small but comfortable. 2 persons would be max you can stay comfortably without killing each other. Basic Double bed, tv, desk, window. I faced a communal garden where Danes buy property to build a little garden home...Bathroom has all purpose shower/shampoo gel but not bathtub. Extra amenities available for sale in lobby. Internet is free.

Breakfast buffet is lavish. One American guest responded " Oh yeah wow this is great " as he saw the buffet table in the morning.

Upon check out, gave my CC number.

Also buy your ticket to the airport at reception. They're cheaper at 15Kr (plus 0.50 for service charge) instead of 25Kr if you buy at the station.

========
Anyway, 3 weeks later.. still no points credited to my account for the Cash + Points stay as I suspected. Have filed a Missing Stay report but haven't heard back from Customer Service yet.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jul 12, 2012 at 12:30 am
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:51 am

Had a stay there the day before yesterday. Room was not cleaned properly, and I was met with "amenities" from the previous guest (long black hairs on the bathroom, litter etc), so won't return unless I'm forced to.

Had to fill in a registration card manually, don't they have it all in their booking systems? Absolutely no recognition of status, and no mention of my Club Carlson membership. In fact, the reservation was only displayed when I did a search for it here: http://www.clubcarlson.com/reservati...newSearch=true

I may have to contact CC customer service as well, to make sure the points will post.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nimenime
Had to fill in a registration card manually, don't they have it all in their booking systems? Absolutely no recognition of status, and no mention of my Club Carlson membership. In fact, the reservation was only displayed when I did a search for it here: http://www.clubcarlson.com/reservati...newSearch=true

I may have to contact CC customer service as well, to make sure the points will post.
Yes, you can read my dilemma from above post !

Its been more than 10 business days since I first submitted the Missing Stay submission.. and in fact, I have submitted it again. I've never had to wait so long for a missing stay to credit. I only had to file one for one stay in Istanbul and the rep answered my email and credited the stay within 24 hours !

I wonder if its due to the hotel's inability to comprehend what's going on? BTW, there's no point in 'status recognition' cos all the rooms are the same!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:59 am

No reply from CC yet?

What was the email address you used?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No reply from CC yet?

What was the email address you used?
Submitted online thru CC website. I did receive auto reply that I should receive reply within 7-10 business days. But so far, nothing else.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Submitted online thru CC website. I did receive auto reply that I should receive reply within 7-10 business days. But so far, nothing else.
If you are desperate for the points, use FB or twitter. I got my status match fast through there. You can also use this email address: [email protected] (they told me to use this address regarding Club Carlson).
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
If you are desperate for the points, use FB or twitter. I got my status match fast through there. You can also use this email address: [email protected] (they told me to use this address regarding Club Carlson).
Thank you. I shall try that.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:56 am

I've emailed to the address above, let's hope those points will post soon.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

CC replied - but not from the email I sent - it was from the first missing stay submission. And they said that they will forward all information to the property concerned for 'investigation' and they will contact me directly.

Looks like getting a stay to be acknowledged from this hotel is going to be a tough fight.

Be forewarned before staying here at this property !!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jul 20, 2012 at 11:21 pm
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:59 am

Did you get a printed invoice from the hotel? I got one, without my original reservation confirmation number printed on it. The hotel knew in advance that I had a reservation, thus they also had all my details. Still I had to fill in a registration card manually. I wonder if this is because this hotel does not want to honor their CC commitments.

Anyway, let's see how it plays out. I for one will not let this go before all points have posted correctly.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
CC replied - but not from the email I sent - it was from the first missing stay submission. And they said that they will forward all information to the property concerned for 'investigation' and they will contact me directly.

Looks like getting a stay to be acknowledged from this hotel is going to be a tough fight.

Be forewarned before staying here at this property !!
I don't think it's entirely the property's problem. If you booked the room through Club Carlson and logged in when you book your room - all the information SHOULD be stored somewhere.

CC ought to be able to go into their system and they don't have to 'investigate' the issue. It sounded more like CC being incompetent and the property being horrible - somehow I don't think the Carlson hotels in Denmark have adapted to be more American.

The only chain I have issue with points and not resolved is Hilton. I stayed there once and the property messed up my contact information, FFP etc.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Did you get a printed invoice from the hotel? I got one, without my original reservation confirmation number printed on it. The hotel knew in advance that I had a reservation, thus they also had all my details. Still I had to fill in a registration card manually. I wonder if this is because this hotel does not want to honor their CC commitments.

Anyway, let's see how it plays out. I for one will not let this go before all points have posted correctly.
How's that now? I met the same situation with Park Inn Hamburg Nord .
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
I don't think it's entirely the property's problem. If you booked the room through Club Carlson and logged in when you book your room - all the information SHOULD be stored somewhere....
I booked through the Club Carlson website ! It was a P+C stay. They did say that it was a P+C stay. But they then said that they don't have my CC number on the system and that's when I asked them how will they get paid by CC then since its a P+C stay?

Anyway, that's irrelevant. I've not had any problems with any CC property in Scandinavia including other Park Inn properties.

Update: Finally got my stay credited yesterday (23 July). No email reply from them. I just found out when I signed into my account today. The stay, the 25% Silver bonus and the "Park Inn One Plus One 44,000 Point Bonus" all credited. What is missing is the Online booking bonus of 2,000 points. Have sent them another note..
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:23 pm

At least you finally got the 44k points

I'm still waiting for mine, but hopefully they will post them soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.