Search

Radisson YVR Vancouver airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:46 pm
GAF
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold, ICH Spire
Radisson YVR Vancouver airport

Older property with recently renovated rooms. Got nice upgrade to business suite for one night stay with Gold status.
Very friendly desk staff, thanked for being loyal to Carlson.
Nicely furnished room with king sleep number bed.
spacious suite with roomy sitting area.
barely noticed noise from airport, not a problem sleeping.
breakfast buffet was OK. quality of whats offered is very good and staff efficent
Parking is free but lot looks small
shuttle arrived in about 10 minutes.
Very close to Canada Line shuttle with $3.50 fare to Waterfront station
Good price with AAA discount including breakfast
Old Jun 18, 2012, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Right smack in the middle of Richmond/Aberdeen Chinatown! It's nowhere near the airport !
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Right smack in the middle of Richmond/Aberdeen Chinatown! It's nowhere near the airport !
Huh? It is in Richmond and very close to yvr. Unlike many other airport hotels you can get plenty of delicious food nearby.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
It's far closer to the airport than many "airport" hotels in other cities I've been to.

I'm just saying, the bar for how close an "airport hotel" is to the airport is pretty low.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC *P
I too stayed here recently to take advantage of the Big Night giveaway... decided to pay $139/nt but getting to redeem 50k points would be worth it!

Hotel turned out to be much nicer than TripAdvisor suggested... parking lot was indeed small... but it is nice to have parking included (unlike Four Pts).
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:03 am
wcj

Recently stayed here and enjoyed the property. It's a couple of stops on the metro from the airport. The metro line is just across the street and you can be downtown in 20 minutes. Front desk staff continue to be very friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
I was there several years ago and now it has definitely shown its ages.

What's funny with this hotel is that if you search on google maps by its street address only (without postal code) you will end up getting another place. You have to search by its address along with the postal code, only then you get the correct location.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
I stayed here 3 times over the past year. also a gold member, I've been upgraded to a suite all 3 times. The staff there is great and helpful. The rooms are showing their age tho
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:32 am

Google Address

Originally Posted by roubaolic
I was there several years ago and now it has definitely shown its ages.

What's funny with this hotel is that if you search on google maps by its street address only (without postal code) you will end up getting another place. You have to search by its address along with the postal code, only then you get the correct location.
Tip: When entering the address in Google Maps, we are at 8181 Cambie Road in Richmond. If you enter Cambie Street, this could cause an issue as Cambie Street is in Vancouver.

Hope this helps.
Garrett Ralston
Front Office Manager
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by RadissonYVR
Tip: When entering the address in Google Maps, we are at 8181 Cambie Road in Richmond. If you enter Cambie Street, this could cause an issue as Cambie Street is in Vancouver.

Hope this helps.
Garrett Ralston
Front Office Manager
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport

Google maps, from YVR to this hotel:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=y...ra=ls&t=m&z=14

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.