Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Everything you wanted to know about CC: Status, Properties, Promos (READ ME FIRST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you wanted to know about CC: Status, Properties, Promos (READ ME FIRST)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Not that I know of but they offer easily status matches which you may take use of
Old May 8, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
New review Park Inn Munich East:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carls...nich-east.html
Old May 17, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have maybe been too lax about Carlson T&C, since I did not know/remember that you can get points for another room? I got everyting posted on my account for a room booked for my colleaque, nice
Old May 20, 2014, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrisljo

Bookings made with points (only) are NOT eligble for points earning.
Just wanted to advise those who might consult this thread that some of the statements are out of date as a result of CC's revisions to its program in the Spring of 2014.

For example, one can now earn points on an award stay for food and beverages charged to your room.

Ways to Earn Points:

•Club Carlson Members can now earn Gold Points on food and beverages purchased during Award Nights, if charged to the room
http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/77...gof1.YRed.cta1

In addition, Gold and Concierge Members are to receive a 15% discount at most hotel restaurants so this could prove to be a good benefit now that one can earn points on food and beverages.

There is a list of hotels that do not participate in the 15% discount program so do consult the list of those that do not participate.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold

I received my new Visa card a few weeks ago and have been using it. My account still shows as Red. How long until my Gold status hits and my ability to book an award and get the last night free?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:09 am

Hi all does anyone know if I can extend the life of my accrued points by spending at a CC bar and having it charged to my room? (my room is paid for with CC points)

EDIT: ignore this, the answer was two posts above mine !!!

Last edited by joncasey; Jul 22, 2014 at 2:17 am
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by srodr
I received my new Visa card a few weeks ago and have been using it. My account still shows as Red. How long until my Gold status hits and my ability to book an award and get the last night free?
Another week and still red status. My next stay is coming up so I hope their system catches up soon.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by srodr
Another week and still red status. My next stay is coming up so I hope their system catches up soon.
I would consider calling CC customer service. Don't count on IT taking care of itself, even though most things usually get updated in a timely manner.

Snacky
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:30 pm

Have anyone tried the breakfast option, while staying at the hotel, paying by gold points (without any cash) ?

When I was staying at a different country hotel, I asked about the price for this condition (by email) they told me the price (I stated that I will stay with gold points) , but on the reception when I informed them about having the breakfast, they said that "it's all right sir" and didn't charged me extra for it.

Now, I will stay for 5 nights with gold points (in a different country) and I really wonder if I should just talk about this matter on reception (don't know how to ask it actually), or just enjoy the breakfast and state it while checking it out and see if they will charge me for it or not. I think asking the price on this case over email would prevent a surprise in case they ask me to pay for it.

What would be the best option?

and second question,

if I stay at the hotel by paying with gold points, will it increase my Year - to date Elite progress night numbers of stay?

Last edited by bonjurkes; Aug 1, 2014 at 3:36 pm
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Snacky
I would consider calling CC customer service. Don't count on IT taking care of itself, even though most things usually get updated in a timely manner.

Snacky
I am having the same problem. Received my card a few weeks back and already put about 4k on it, but status still shows as red..

I will call Monday...

Thanks..
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bonjurkes
Now, I will stay for 5 nights with gold points (in a different country) ..
if I stay at the hotel by paying with gold points, will it increase my Year - to date Elite progress night numbers of stay?
yes, your statement will increase by 5 nights nad 1 stay.
but as it is a new rule from this year many hotels don´t know and still not post your stay.
so wait 10 days and if you can not bfound the stay in your account kindly contact cs.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:03 pm

Is it possible for my GF to use my CC gold status if I'm not going to there with her on a trip?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Is it easier to get the lower Club Carlson card ? 60k with only $1,500 minimum purchase and $50 annual fee.

http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credit/welcome.do

Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:57 am

Yes, it is, in fact if you apply for the higher offer and don't qualify, they will give you the lesser offer if you qualify for that. In other words, if you have already applied for the higher offer and got a straight decline, not an approval for the lesser offer, there is no point in applying for the lesser offer, you have already been declined for that one as well.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Yes, it is, in fact if you apply for the higher offer and don't qualify, they will give you the lesser offer if you qualify for that. In other words, if you have already applied for the higher offer and got a straight decline, not an approval for the lesser offer, there is no point in applying for the lesser offer, you have already been declined for that one as well.
ok great, just wondered since I haven't applied yet, waiting for the 6mos mark from all other applications.
I actually would rather have the lower offer since I need to get the points by end of May
Looking to apply in Jan. meet minimum req of standard purchases by Feb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.