Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu es. Rome, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Radisson Blu Es

I've stayed at the Radisson Es hotel twice and on both occasions on the four nights for two deal. I'm concierge so on both occasions I got upgraded the first time was to business class room on the sixth floor. The concept of the hotel is based (although you would never guess this) on the theme of Robinson Crusoe and your bed plus attached shower represents the life raft (!).

The business class room is still very small and from what I recall storage was a real problem they don't seem to be any cupboards just a real to hang some shirts on and I remember living out of my suitcase.

The second time I sent them an email before arrival and asked for an upgrade to a junior suite which they gave me. The Life raft this time was the bed with a bath attached to the head post in the room and not in the bathroom. There is no doubt about it the style of the rooms are very quirky and you will either love them or hate them. One nice feature is the lighting there is a linen covering that when the lights are switched on expands with the heat to make a lampshade but then collapses again when the light is switched off.

In the junior suite they were two comfy chairs but there were far from comfy because the curvy one was really impossible to sit on and the other one was really too low for me.

If you catch the train from FCO to Termini, the trick is to leave the station by the back of the station exit so turn left rather than right when you get off the train. Just keep on going as far as you can then go down the steps on the right and leave the station and the Radisson is on the left hand side and you can enter via the carpark entrance

Don't be put off by the graffiti, as others have said this is everywhere in Rome and I felt totally safe wandering the area on my own late at night.

The jewel in the crown is the rooftop bar and swimming pool. They also do special menus with a musician of some sort present at weekends which is quite fun. The hotel is in between Termini metro and Victor Emanuele metro and so it is quite easy to access the Coliseum, the Vatican or the Villa Borghese.

I will probably make a third visit to Rome at sometime and I will probably stay at the Es.

I don't know how to upload a pic but if anyone wants to see a pic of the junior suite and the hotel send me a private message and I can email some photos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.