FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Another big night giveaway? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1342973-another-big-night-giveaway.html)

jbvideo May 4, 2012 3:34 pm

Another big night giveaway?

Just checked into a Radisson in Mississauga, On.

On the desk were a stack of business card size flyers. FD says they just got them and doesn't know any details.
It says on the front BIG NIGHT giveaway. Were GIVING AWAY NIGHTS at select carlson rezidor hotels.

On back it says to learn more and register at
Radissonbignightgiveaway.com.

That's it. Could it be the same one as last fall? Doesn't mention of 50,000 pts as it did last fall. URL not found when trying to register.

Anyone heard of this

Fanjet May 4, 2012 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by jbvideo (Post 18516084)
Just checked into a Radisson in Mississauga, On.

On the desk were a stack of business card size flyers. FD says they just got them and doesn't know any details.
It says on the front BIG NIGHT giveaway. Were GIVING AWAY NIGHTS at select carlson rezidor hotels.

On back it says to learn more and register at
Radissonbignightgiveaway.com.

That's it. Could it be the same one as last fall? Doesn't mention of 50,000 pts as it did last fall. URL not found when trying to register.

Anyone heard of this

They need to do something to "keep up with the Jonses". I really liked that one. But didn't you have to one of the first 20,000 to register to qualify for those 50K points? I'm not sure that you would put those out on display if that were the same case this time.

Nikolaos May 5, 2012 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 18516653)
They need to do something to "keep up with the Jonses". I really liked that one. But didn't you have to one of the first 20,000 to register to qualify for those 50K points? I'm not sure that you would put those out on display if that were the same case this time.

From what i recall i checked a week after that promo started and they were still giving 50,000 pts (not sure if they didn't enforce the 20,000 rule or the participation was low). Too bad that i stayed up that night to be one of the first to register!! :D

jbvideo May 5, 2012 6:24 am

Ok. So FD staff told me it is a new promotion. Available world wide to all members.

Register on May 15. Have 1 stay at a Radisson or Blu between then and July 15, 2012. Receive 50,000 gold points.

Must be one of the 1st 100,000 members to register. Registering after the 1st 100k, members will receive 15,000 pts.

Looks to be very similar to last falls awesome promotion

stinger101 May 5, 2012 7:46 am

You just made my day!

xooz May 5, 2012 8:07 am

Site not accessible (for me) now... assume it gets activated on may 15..?

G2244 May 5, 2012 9:19 am

When this was ran before was it all brands? Specifically I am wondering if Park Inn (by Radisson) has a chance of counting.

HmmDonuts May 5, 2012 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Nikolaos (Post 18518007)
Too bad that i stayed up that night to be one of the first to register!! :D

Me too! :D
Not sure if they ever reached the maximum number of registration but it seems to me there was limited excitement/buzz for that promo at the time relative to what a great deal that was. Not sure why.

SanDiego1K May 5, 2012 10:27 am

Originally Posted by G2244 (Post 18519256)
When this was ran before was it all brands? Specifically I am wondering if Park Inn (by Radisson) has a chance of counting.

No, it was for the Radisson brand. The Park Inn brand had its own promo of 15K points/stay for up to 3 stays.

benzemalyonnais May 5, 2012 5:52 pm

Thankfully it seems to be 100k can get in on the deal. This will prevent blog world from over-publicizing this deal

stinger101 May 5, 2012 6:16 pm

Assuming even more people will take advantage of it this time around it is good that 100,000 people can now sign up. There are still around 30 states in the US that don't have a Radisson. The one I used here in Phoenix that was 2 miles away is no longer one. Will have to drive 20 min. for the other one. Good thing it is going to be 120 degrees here this summer...cheap rates!

I don't think it will prevent them from over publicizing it. I believe it will get more publicity this time around because people now know what a great value 50k Gold Points is...especially in high-value markets like Europe.

hobo13 May 5, 2012 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais (Post 18521204)
Thankfully it seems to be 100k can get in on the deal. This will prevent blog world from over-publicizing this deal

At least one of them is already touting it. :rolleyes:

That said, I don't see the 100k limitation as much of an issue.

Firewind May 5, 2012 10:03 pm

I really wondered if they enforced the 20,000 limit, last round, or just had it there in case things got out of hand. Putting it at "100,000" this round at least removes a couple of marketing issues -- whether they enforce or reach the limit.

Ambraciot May 5, 2012 11:10 pm

Well I just changed my hotel for memorial day to a Radisson, so there wouldn't be a conflict with the Marriott Summer Bonus.

Doc Savage May 5, 2012 11:29 pm

Nice find, OP. With the previous 50k award coupled with the later points reward for redeeming points, I think I got 5 or 6 nights out of the deal.