Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold for shareholders?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
If you get an Amex Platinum you will get carlson gold as long as you are a platinum member, without stay requirements
How do you activate this? I'm not sure it's a benefit for USA Amex Plat holders. It seems you can get SPG gold, but I don't see anything about club carlson.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:20 am

I dont no about usa platinum card benefits but in europe its a benefit club carlson gold eg. In austria or germany
Old May 31, 2012, 10:24 am

I dont no about usa platinum card benefits but in europe its a benefit club carlson gold eg. In austria or germany
Thanks. That's awesome. I think the deal Amex has with Starwood in the US is exclusive, so we can't get this.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:39 am

If you get an Amex Platinum you will get carlson gold as long as you are a platinum member, without stay requirements
I have AMEX plat, how do i get gold status?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:18 am

Sometimes if you log in to your amex account check the benifits site and there you should be see a link or a application form.
If not just call customer service and ask to be enrolled.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:03 pm

Sometimes if you log in to your amex account check the benifits site and there you should be see a link or a application form.
If not just call customer service and ask to be enrolled.
Not in my account, and then i call CS they don't know anything of this. It seems is Targeted for Europe only.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
I'm new to CC and have a question. If I buy 200 shares today, would I get Gold for only the rest of 2012, or both 2012 and 2013, or one calendar year from the date of enrollment?
I recieved my card a few days ago, and it states status valid thruogh 02/2014
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by maximizer
It looks like it is possible to buy it online through Schwab ($50 fee on top of regular commission), and Fidelity (SEK180 fee, about $25).

The US ticker is REZIF.

Maybe I'll try it...

Anyone in the US bought this and upgraded? for how long?

I can buy and hold forever if lifetime gold ...
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:23 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
I have been dealing with the people at Carlson hotel for about three weeks and not yet upgraded. This is a totally unprofessional department and gives me a bad impression about the the chain. No wonder, I will keep staying at Hilton, SPG etc
Old Jun 8, 2012, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
I have been dealing with the people at Carlson hotel for about three weeks and not yet upgraded. This is a totally unprofessional department and gives me a bad impression about the the chain. No wonder, I will keep staying at Hilton, SPG etc
18 nights so far this year and upgraded 17 nights.. Maybee its about you??
I never ask for a upgrade, it just happend.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 8:16 am
Suspended

WHAT is about me? All I need to do is to purchase the shares, to inform the InvestorsRelations people and then it's up to them to upgrade my account! An easy task which shouldn't take three weeks or longer!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:49 am
Suspended

Gold for Shareholders only for one Year !

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
While my thoughts may be unpopular here, I hope they do only allow one year of Gold status to shareholders. . . unless of course one stays enough nights or stays during that year to re-qualify the traditional way.

I have been considering whether to go through the annoying process to buy this stock on a foreign exchange (I'm in the U.S), and it would be an annoyance to me and no real benefit to the company if I only buy a couple hundred shares. On the other hand, if one can be perpetually gold, then I will probably do it, or else I would feel that I am a sucker for not being gold the easy way. Over time, however, the gold benefit would have to be diluted (more golds competing for free upgrades, etc.), as more and more people would take advantage of this. . . and then I would lose out whether I qualify for gold with stays or with the stock.

If they want to offer gold status in perpetuity for a stockholder, then I think the minimum holding requirement should be at least $10K or more (and require that you demonstrate your continued holdings annually). . . so that at least the company would derive some theoretical benefit and gold status will not be diluted.

Your wishes seem to be fullfilled. It took about two months from the purchase of the shares to the upgrade of the account. I have no words for that!

Finally, I got this from "Dub Gold Points" in my mail box. Needless to say that this strange message/sender landed in my spam box:

"Dear Customer,

You have been upgraded to Gold Elite status in the Club Carlson-program since you purchased Rezidor shares. A card has been posted to the address in your profile and should arrive within 4-6 weeks from now, however your Gold Elite-benefits are valid from the day of the upgrade. Please see below for the Terms & Conditions of this offer. For any queries regarding Club Carlson or your Gold Elite-status, please let us know on [email protected]

- Offer available exclusively for shareholders of the Rezidor Hotel Group.
- Upgrade to Gold Elite status will be effective approximately 10 working days following enrolment through February 2013.
To maintain Elite status, members must re-qualify annually per programme rules.
- Offer is non-transferable, may not be sold, and is subject to change or termination without notice.
- By enrolling in Club CarlsonSM and participating in this offer, you agree to the Club CarlsonSM programme terms and conditions.

Kind Regards,

Member Services | Club Carlson
t: +44 20 7949 0378/9 | f: +353 (1) 212 3751 | [email protected]
5th Floor, Block 6 | Belfield Office Park | Clonskeagh | Dublin 4 | Rep Ireland | www.carlsonrezidor.com"
On the official shareholder website does it not say that the gold status is only for one year. Club Carlson, it was not worth to purchase the shares, you don't play by the rules and you are therefore no alternative to my other hotel programs
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
On the official shareholder website does it not say that the gold status is only for one year. Club Carlson, it was not worth to purchase the shares, you don't play by the rules and you are therefore no alternative to my other hotel programs
Why should they make you a lifetime gold for a one-off spend of less than SEK 5,000?

They're running a business not a charity!

Chris
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by evapor8
Why should they make you a lifetime gold for a one-off spend of less than SEK 5,000?

They're running a business not a charity!

Chris
Easy for them if they have such customers like you!

If they write on their website that one get's a one-time upgrade to gold then is all right. But they don't write that it is one time! So easy and simple!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:51 am

anyone with usa amex plat did get the status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.