Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Blu Hotel Denarau Nadi Fiji [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Fiji for a night when I was doing a touring the island. I also stayed at the Hilton and Sheraton hotels in Denarau area and Hilton was by far the best. Mercure Nadi was a borderline disaster. I really liked the InterContinental resort in Natadola bay, however. Novotel Suva was nice as was the Holiday Inn Suva.

You can find a video of the room I had and photos in/around the property at http://bit.ly/blufiji.

This was my first stay at a Radisson Blu branded property. I had visited one of the Radisson Blu hotels in Helsinki few years back when it was branded as Radisson SAS. Club Carlson have been running quite a few attractive promotions lately, and I decided to check few of their properties in the coming months to see how they match to what competitors are offering.

The price of the hotel is way too high considering what it has to offer. If you have a friend or relative working at a Carlson affiliated property, you probably should looking to use their friends and family rate that brings the price of the hotel to reasonable. That’s what I did.

It is on the western side of the Denarau island/peninsula next to the Sheraton and Westin complex. On the other side is a Wyndham timeshare property. It is about 20 minute ride from the airport that should cost around 25 FJD using one of the official taxis.

Check in

The check in desk is immediately right when you get in to the hotel. There is a separate check out desk. They had first some trouble finding my reservation as I had done it only couple of hours earlier when I was at the Hilton’s property. Further complicating the check in was my request for 2PM check out. Apparently the regular check in time is 11AM that would not have worked on my case. This request required the lady to make a phone call to the front desk/rooms controller, but the late check out request was granted.

Room

This was the weakest link. Overall the room was rather unremarkable. The phone didn’t work well and there was something wrong with the radio/clock as well. The hotel didn’t have wireless and the internet cord was way too short. I really have to start bringing with me a wireless router and/or a long Ethernet cable. I used to carry these, but after not needing them for few months stopped the practice. The hotel was able to solve the wireless issue by bringing a wireless router that is normally used at their ballroom/conference area.

Beach & Pool

There is really no beach in the Denarau area where you would like to spend any time. The pools at this hotel were absolutely fantastic, however. I believe that these pools are the strongest selling point of this property. There are two/three pools that are connected via waterways. There is the usual pool bar where you can drink your day away while still being in the water.

Fitness Center

It was rather small but had the usual equipment. The thread mill was broken and they didn’t have any sweat towels available. I let the front desk know. They need to update the equipment in not so distant future.

Conclusion

After you have spent some time in Fiji you accept a service that is slow, but mostly done with a smile, although not always. This property is fine, but doesn’t live up to its being the first on Tripadvisor (as of February 2012) for Denarau. You should come here if you really like spend most of your time by the pool and the actual room/suite is not that important.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Just posted a stay report in 'Please post your Club Carlson Elite experiences' for this hotel
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:40 am

Review posted in my Trip report and on TripAdvisor.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Any recent experience with gold treatment? Room upgrades?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:12 am

I too would be interested to know if the property has made any changes since these last reviews as I have a stay booked for next year.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by shocky
Heading there tomorrow, will let you know!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:58 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Yes, one level room upgrade with gold.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:44 am

was upgraded to a lagoon suite! (gold member)
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
As a followup- I was offered a Lagoon room but declined as it is facing the pool which I found way too noisy. Rooms facing the garden close to the beach are great.
Other than that be aware this is a FAMILY resort i.e. TONS and TONS of kids/babies. It is not a romantic getaway by any stretch.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:50 am

As a followup- I was offered a Lagoon room but declined as it is facing the pool which I found way too noisy. Rooms facing the garden close to the beach are great.
Other than that be aware this is a FAMILY resort i.e. TONS and TONS of kids/babies. It is not a romantic getaway by any stretch.
+1.

I've also found service to be lacking quite a bit.

Waited 25 mins for a pool towel.
Very rude attendant at the mini-snack shop.
No staff showed up to a number of activities.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:53 am

With some haggling you should be able to get a taxi from the airport for $20.

The local westbus stops right outside and can take you from the hotel to nadi town for just $1.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:35 pm

Does anyone have any recent info on this property ? Am looking to stop over in Nadi for 5-6 days this fall and was considering an award stay here. Do they upgrade Carlson Golds ? What about including breakfast ?

Not sure yet if I want to do this or head all the way down to the IC
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by cloudsurfer1
Does anyone have any recent info on this property ? Am looking to stop over in Nadi for 5-6 days this fall and was considering an award stay here. Do they upgrade Carlson Golds ? What about including breakfast ?

Not sure yet if I want to do this or head all the way down to the IC
Was there in October/November.

ABSOLUTELY no breakfast.

Was able to get an upgrade to a suite but had to push a bit

Overall - not much to this hotel IMHO unless you are a family with kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.