Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
If they would limit promotions to card holders, they would have to make the credit card available outside the US as well or give up non-US customers. Unlikely.

People, don't forget that there is a world outside the US
1. The first 50,000 point promo was US only
2. Hyatt has essentially done this
3. Don't be so touchy
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Club Carlson says the new credit card will be here on December 1:

Last edited by onthego15; Jan 9, 2013 at 6:44 am Reason: link does not work anymore
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by onthego15
Club Carlson says the new credit card will be here on December 1:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credit/alert.do
Great find! I recently asked on their Facebook page if there was any news about the card and they said no new details were available.

Site you linked basically gives no information but I do find it interesting that there will be several versions of the card. Based on this I assume we will see something similar to the two HH Amex cards with one having a low or free annual fee and thus not offering much and one offering more at a higher fee.

Let the speculation begin!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christianj
Great find! I recently asked on their Facebook page if there was any news about the card and they said no new details were available.

Site you linked basically gives no information but I do find it interesting that there will be several versions of the card. Based on this I assume we will see something similar to the two HH Amex cards with one having a low or free annual fee and thus not offering much and one offering more at a higher fee.

It gives no information because info will be released on Dec. 1. This is similar to what they did with their 50,000 point promos last year, giving notice that the promo is coming, but not releasing details until a specific date.

Hat tip goes to airshadow on Milepoint. ^

Last edited by onthego15; Nov 26, 2012 at 7:36 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC

I don't see several versions of the card. I only see the three status levels silver/gold/concierge...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
I don't see several versions of the card. I only see the three status levels silver/gold/concierge...
Open up the "About the cards" pull down menu and you will magically see:

Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card
Rewards Visa Signature Card
Business Rewards Visa Card

There's even a "Compare the cards" tab that will outline the differences in the cards once the offer goes live. If you live in Düsseldorf I wouldn't get too excited about the cards because I think they will be for US based consumers only if the past rumors are true. (then again you could have a US address as well) Alles ist möglich!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:18 am
Original Poster

There's even a "Compare the cards" tab that will outline the differences in the cards once the offer goes live. If you live in Düsseldorf I wouldn't get too excited about the cards because I think they will be for US based consumers only if the past rumors are true. (then again you could have a US address as well) Alles ist möglich!
Club Carlson said last year
"the new affinity card will have a global roll out.
“We will start with the US and there may be an announcement soon and then we will go to Europe.”

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ming-next-year
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:20 am

“We will start with the US and there may be an announcement soon and then we will go to Europe.”

Nice clarification! Sorry for the misleading comment.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC

I have a US address as well, actually in NJ We'll see but I doubt I go for that card anyway unless there is some spectacular sign up bonus. I earn enough points with stays. So far it looks like I will earn around 700K points with Radisson this year, this is only for nights as well as food & beverages.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But that doesn't mean there will be the exact same cards from the exact same bank with the exact same offers and the exact same benefits in Europe as in the US.

It just means that there will be an affiinity card in Europe some time after this particular set of affinity cards comes out soon in the US.

(You can already see their wording was sloppy before, since there's more than one affinity card coming in the US, per the website linked above. But their previous wording said "card", singular.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 29, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But that doesn't mean there will be the exact same cards from the exact same bank with the exact same offers and the exact same benefits in Europe as in the US.

It just means that there will be an* affiinity card in Europe some time after this particular set of affinity cards comes out soon in the US.

(You can already see their wording was sloppy before, since there's more than one affinity card coming in the US, per the website linked above. But their previous wording said "card", singular.)
* ...or more...
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:24 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
It's LIVE !!!!

Just applied.

Great feature....Book 2 or more nights using points, and the last night is FREE.
So, a 2 night stay using points (not cash and points) would only require the amount of points for one night.

3 cards available. Generous opening bonuses (up to 85,000 points) PLUS generous renewal bonuses.

Hope I'm approved !
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:37 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Nice! I think I will bite this week on my next churn. Got Flexperks Olympic promo last quarter and am generally happy. Go CC :-)
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:52 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Got the 7-10 business days message. Guess I have to do the reconsideration hoop.

Nice value with the card
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by stealph
Nice! I think I will bite this week on my next churn. Got Flexperks Olympic promo last quarter and am generally happy. Go CC :-)
Looks like their business card is also 85000 points...Not bad for $60 annual...as you get 40k bonus points each year you renew. Also qualifies the redeem 2, get one free award deal...

10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels3
5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else3
Up to 85,000 Bonus Gold Points - receive 50,000 Gold Points after your first purchase plus 35,000 points once you spend $2,500 on your card within the first 90 days1

Earlier I redeemed in Europe and had a really good experience at their Radisson Blu properties over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.