New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Perhaps they are referring to the movement of sign up bonuses from multiple cards/accounts rather than the simple movement of non-cc-bonus points?
Perhaps, but that would mean we'll have two types of points in our account -- points that can move and points that can't? A big complication for us and Carlson.

My greater concern is that this wording could be a harbinger about the Club Carlson program -- e.g., that it's a rule that they plan to put in, or sort of a place holder for the future. Other programs have some provisions - such as expiries - that they don't enforce, but can at any time, and they told us so.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
First of all it was me who posted the wording. I made no conclusions about what participating means, just that it is curiously there.

Secondly, please stop calling it a 2for1, it most certainly isn't and you, while misrepresenting my first point, have consistently ignored myself and others who categorically claim it is not a 2for1.

This is most clearly "your last night of an award gratis". If you stay 1 day you get nothing free. If 2 days you get 1 of those days free. If 3 days you pay for 2 and get one free. If 4 days you pay for the first 3 and get the 4th for free. Is that so difficult to understand?
Excuse me! That is about the rudest comment anyone has posted about one of my posts on FT since I've been a member! You call it tomato I call it tomatoe. If I can book 2 award nights for the price of one then to me it is a 2for1 regardless of what you want to call it....and yes I realize that if I book 3 nights then it means I pay for 2 award nights and if I book 4 nights then it means I pay for 3 award nights.

Here's what you posted in the other thread:
That's all well and good but leaves out the T&C wording 'participating hotels'. We're going to need to wait and see how this shakes out. Unfortunately.
If that doesn't at least infer that some hotels might not "participate" in the award offer then I don't know what does.

Don't understand why some people feel the need to get nasty on here when we are all here for the same reason! I in no way misrepresented anything you said and if you read my post you will see that! I asked Brendan for some clarification and he graciously offered some reassurance that his experiences have shown that at least for the properties he has book the award booking worked as outlined in the credit card offer.

Time to move on and not get bogged down by semantics and rudeness.

Last edited by christianj; Dec 8, 2012 at 8:53 pm
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by christianj
Excuse me! That is about the rudest comment anyone has posted about one of my posts on FT since I've been a member! You call it tomato I call it tomatoe. If I can book 2 award nights for the price of one then to me it is a 2for1 regardless of what you want to call it....and yes I realize that if I book 3 nights then it means I pay for 2 award nights and if I book 4 nights then it means I pay for 3 award nights.
And when you book 3 award nights and only the last one is free what will you call it then? Certainly that doesn't connote a 2for1 in any sense of imagination.

You're excused. And while I didn't sugar coat my post it was hardly rude. Pointed but not rude.

Here's what you posted in the other thread:

If that doesn't at least infer that some hotels might not "participate" in the award offer then I don't know what does.

Don't understand why some people feel the need to get nasty on here when we are all here for the same reason! I in no way misrepresented anything you said and if you read my post you will see that! I asked Brendan for some clarification and he graciously offered some reassurance that his experiences have shown that at least for the properties he has book the award booking worked as outlined in the credit card offer.

Time to move on and not get bogged down by semantics and rudeness.
How am I being nasty? You are inferring things I never implied. The quote that you take so much from simply indicates we need to see what that wording means. I never said hotels wouldn't participate, rather I stated we need to see, in practice, what that means. I hope no hotels are allowed to opt out ala SPG promos but we just don't know yet.

I'm so glad that, after three properties that Brendan indicated were fully bookable, we can waltz in the land of lollipops. The fact is, it's way to soon to see how this shakes out.

Believe me, I would like there to no hitches and no hidden catches, but the reality is we're one week into the allowance and language and let's see how this works in real time.

And further, there's no reason to get so bent out of shape by my posts.

Last edited by dsquared37; Dec 8, 2012 at 9:27 pm
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Firewind
Perhaps, but that would mean we'll have two types of points in our account -- points that can move and points that can't? A big complication for us and Carlson.

My greater concern is that this wording could be a harbinger about the Club Carlson program -- e.g., that it's a rule that they plan to put in, or sort of a place holder for the future. Other programs have some provisions - such as expiries - that they don't enforce, but can at any time, and they told us so.
As for your first point HA does something similar by having different allowances for Amex transferred points vs all other points. It would indeed cause complications.

I hadn't even caught that wording you posted. Makes me wonder what other program wording has changed since the cards were released.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Brendan
[B][I]......

BTW, I have not yet received my Visa card, but when I log in to my Club Carlson account, it gives me my 1 free night on each award stay I book. It says so in all-red letters before I hit 'confirm.'
THanks for reporting your experience Brendan!

I just tried a dummy booking and it looks like I've been approved, too.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by clublounger
THanks for reporting your experience Brendan!

I just tried a dummy booking and it looks like I've been approved, too.
Thanks just tried it myself and got that same message , now to wait to see which CC they are giving me

I wonder if I can use my S1G1 for say my 1st night then use pts for my 2nd Night (separate res) and get the 3rd night (really 2nd night on Pts) for free, of cause it will have to be wherever the S1G1 can be used. Maybe a 3 night trip to SJU for the cost of 1 nights pts, cant complain too much about that
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Firewind
May I suggest that the OP or the mod add the link to the cards' homepage to the first post? Since this go-to thread for the credit cards just proceeded from the anticipatory buzz one, one has to wander a ways into the thread looking for the link. Once found and bookmarked, no problem. But as one thread is a good idea, and this is the only thread on this board...

Thank you.
I have edited the first post.
I thought that discussion had moved over to the Miles Buzz thread, but I was wrong.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by onthego15
I thought that discussion had moved over to the Miles Buzz thread, but I was wrong.
IMHO Miles Buzz thread seems to be more for people just wanting to cash in on the bonus and raging on US Bank since they had issues with their previous credit card deal. This thread seems to be more for people that actual use CC.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by onthego15
I have edited the first post.
No, you weren't. But since this one is still open...

With gratitude,
FW
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:04 pm
Suspended

CC Arrived Today

Originally Posted by craz
Thanks just tried it myself and got that same message , now to wait to see which CC they are giving me
happy to report no Schtick as they pulled with the Flex CC on some. Applied for the Black VISA Signature and thats what they sent, hope everyone else has the same luck

2 Hotel stays coming up next week this came just in time!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
IMHO Miles Buzz thread seems to be more for people just wanting to cash in on the bonus and raging on US Bank since they had issues with their previous credit card deal. This thread seems to be more for people that actual use CC.
You're right, the discussion here is mostly folks who stay at Club Carlson hotels a lot. I'm not getting this or any credit card right now, but I will check in from time to time in case something in post # 1 needs to be changed.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:29 pm

Applied for no-fee card and got the 7-10 day message. From what I've read so far, there's no point in calling the number to help them with the app? I guess I'll just wait for the letter/card to get here.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:29 pm

New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

How long does it take for the card to arrive? I applied the first day it was available and supposedly got an immediate acceptance but I haven't seen the card yet. That could be because it got tossed accidentally by someone who thought it was junk mail, something went wrong with my application, or it just haven't come.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I applied in the first couple hours, I could see the card online on Tuesday and it arrived on Saturday. I'm still waiting for the status bump and first spend points, but the bonus award nights are available.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:50 pm

My card hasn't arrived yet but I have the bonus night option in my account.

I tried making 2 consecutive 2 night stays on points and the system would not refund me back the bonus points for the second stay. It worked fine for the first stay though. I guess there's no gaming the system by breaking up your reservation or checking in/out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.