Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:15 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nikad
I was denied [...] any tips, hints, advice?
If you really, really want this card: (i) take a break (six months or more) from applying for credit cards and (ii) use your existing US Bank credit card regularly and responsibly.

If those steps don't appeal then you're probably better off forgetting US Bank.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt dia
delete

Last edited by updawg; Mar 25, 2014 at 12:35 am
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Its a pity CC holders cant book rooms using their account for others under this free night offer.
I know that's how the terms are written, but does it happen in practice? For example if a spouse or family member is an additional cardholder on my Club Carlson Visa, I will still pay for both nights when redeeming points if I'm not in the room. I'm in this situation now and deciding whether to use CC points or another hotel.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:10 pm

If I do happen to get approved, does this card arrive via regular mail?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mareh
If I do happen to get approved, does this card arrive via regular mail?
Mine came about 10 days after approval in regular mail.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1
Mine came about 10 days after approval in regular mail.
Thank you!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:10 am

So my statement with my annual fee and the next statement after have both closed, but I have yet to receive the 40,000 points from either of my accounts. Does anyone have any insight on that?

4 Annual Renewal Bonus: Each year that you renew your Account by making at least the minimum payment by the due date printed on the Account statement in which the annual fee is billed, you will receive a Renewal Bonus of 40,000 Gold Points. The Renewal Bonus is awarded based solely on renewal of the business owner’s Account. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after the payment due date for your Renewal Bonus to appear in your Club Carlson account.
I do realize the T&C state 6-8 weeks, but what is everyone's experience?

Last edited by The_Wrath_of_Khan; Apr 21, 2014 at 5:24 am
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:00 am
IMH

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I do realize the T&C state 6-8 weeks, but what is everyone's experience?
Around two months after the annual fee posts. See the discussion that followed when Happy asked the same question as you at post 442 in this thread; also this dedicated "40,000 points bonus" thread (neat summary in post 40of that thread).

Last edited by IMH; Apr 21, 2014 at 6:07 am
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I am really tempted to apply for the CC Business card. On our first stay at a Radisson as a Gold, I was really impressed with how the hotel treated us. Much better than any IHG stay I have had recently.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:18 am
Suspended

Can someone answer this for me. Why would anyone get the CC Premier Visa Card when the CC Business Visa comes with apparently the same perks and points (Gold status and bonus points to be earned and annually given upon renewal) and yet the annual fee for the business card is less?

Why choose the higher annual fee Premier Rewards CC Visa?
Old May 8, 2014, 11:40 am
IMH

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Why would anyone get the CC Premier Visa Card when [...] the annual fee for the business card is less?
Not everyone is comfortable applying for a business product if they don't in fact run a business.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:02 pm

Just received my Visa Signature card today. However, when trying to setup an online account at US Bank, it keeps giving me the error

"We're sorry. Our system is temporarily unable to display this information. Please try again"

Website issues? Try again tomorrow?
Old May 26, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: DL, US
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Just received my Visa Signature card today. However, when trying to setup an online account at US Bank, it keeps giving me the error

"We're sorry. Our system is temporarily unable to display this information. Please try again"

Website issues? Try again tomorrow?
I had the same issue and you will need to call in to have it resolved. Apparently, I had a US Bank Auto loan in the past and that was causing issues with setting up an account for the credit card. It takes about 3 days to resolve.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:45 pm

Are the foreign transaction fees of the card (preferably business version if you know) still a whopping 3%?

They seem to have "forgotten" that detail in the application details and last data point on FTF in this thread is 2y old.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:27 pm

Same for business and personal.

2% if the foreign transaction is reckoned in US dollars;
3% if in a foreign currency.

I kind of think it will be worth it for 8.72 million pts/$ at a foreign CC, at least.*

*rough estimate

cf. https://applications.usbank.com/oad/...1&theme=usbank
https://applications.usbank.com/oad/...urceCode=83981

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.