FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1309012-avis-9-000-cc-goldpoints-3-day-rental-until-31-oct-2012-a.html)

schauschun Jan 31, 2012 3:45 pm

AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012

avis / clubcarlson promotion extended until 30/APR/2012

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000

Now through April 30, 2012, you can earn 9,000 total Gold Points on qualifying rentals of 3 days or more.
Offer valid at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Use coupon # MUHA015 and present your Club Carlson number at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive your bonus points.
This offer is in addition to your everyday savings of up to 25% when you use AWD # G639300.

Originally Posted by mile ho (Post 18506857)
Offer has been extended through Sept 30, 2012!!

Same link in OP.

Mods please change title of this thread to reflect the new expiry.

Ambraciot Jan 31, 2012 4:00 pm

This is part of a set of promotions that has been discussed in depth both in and out of the consolidated promotions thread. This is not even the first thread you started about this offer: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...12-2011-a.html

I still prefer the budget version since it gives 5,500 points for 2 day rentals as well as 9,000 points for 3 day rentals. Plus budget is often cheaper.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...on-offers.html Budget

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...ay-rental.html

schauschun Jan 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 17924922)
..This is not even the first thread you started about this offer..

you have to read more carefully before your answer ...:cool:

this is the first information that the promotion is extended until 30/APRIL/2012 @:-)

Ambraciot Jan 31, 2012 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by schauschun (Post 17925109)

this is the first information that the promotion is extended until 30/APRIL/2012 @:-)

Not quite the first if you read the other links I gave, and an extension is no excuse for a new thread.

sdsearch Jan 31, 2012 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by schauschun (Post 17925109)

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 17925155)
Not quite the first if you read the other links I gave, and an extension is no excuse for a new thread.

I just did read the three links you gave, and in none of them can I find a mention of anything about this promo working in 2012. :confused:

Please point more specifically to which exact post in those threads mentions it.

Furthermore, are you even sure it got extended, or could it instead have been repeated? It was on the Club Carlson site until the end of December, and then in early January it disappeared from the Club Carlson site. I thus yet see no evidence that it was "extended" (in the sense of never having gone away), I only see evidence that it's returning (as in the sense of restarted after a gap in time).

(The website linked in post 1 gives no mention of a start time, only "from now until".)

I still prefer the budget version since it gives 5,500 points for 2 day rentals as well as 9,000 points for 3 day rentals. Plus budget is often cheaper.

As documented in one of threads you linked, the Avis version had the lower points option for 2 day rentals too. So if there's now only a 3 day 9000 point option at Avis, it can't be an "extension" of the previous promo!

(But is there no 2 day Avis version with 5000ish points, or have we just not found it yet?)

I'm Avis Preferred (actually Avis First) but have not rented with Budget since they insituted FastBreak. So having to use Budget for a 2-day rental sounds like a downside for me (since first Preferred reservation at Avis requires checking in at a counter to show your drivers license, I presume the first FastBreak reservation at Budget does also).

Ambraciot Jan 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 17925308)
I just did read the three links you gave, and in none of them can I find a mention of anything about this promo working in 2012. :confused:

Please point more specifically to which exact post in those threads mentions it.

Furthermore, are you even sure it got extended, or could it instead have been repeated?

This post from early January 2012 directly addressed the issue.

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 17820040)
Thank you and bostonbali for bumping the thread, the links I originally posted now link to an updated offer that hasn't expired like the original versions.

I've used the 9,000 point version twice, the points posted 3-4 weeks later, but the postings were backdated to the day the rental began. As others posted if you are charged for 3 days (with the linked BCD) you get the 9,000 points even if you only rent for 50 hours.

I doubt you can change the BCD on return, but I've never tried.

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 17925308)
(But is there no 2 day Avis version with 5000ish points, or have we just not found it yet?)

We do not currently have a valid link to a 2 day Avis version. Furthermore the only 2 day Avis version we had was for 5,000 points vs 5,500 with Budget.

sdsearch Feb 1, 2012 12:59 pm

This is part of a set of promotions that has been discussed in depth both in and out of the consolidated promotions thread. This is not even the first thread you started about this offer: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...12-2011-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...on-offers.html Budget

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...ay-rental.html

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 17925378)
This post from early January 2012 directly addressed the issue.

Not at all. Only one of the three threads you linked to (requoted above) has posts for January 2012, and that thread is specific to and exclusive to the Budget promos, not the Avis promo(s).

So I see nothing that you've pointed out where the Avis 9000 promo was previously discussed as having been "extended" past Dec 31. (Maybe it was discussed, maybe it wasn't, but it sure isn't in any of the three threads linked above.)

sdsearch Feb 1, 2012 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 17925378)
We do not currently have a valid link to a 2 day Avis version. Furthermore the only 2 day Avis version we had was for 5,000 points vs 5,500 with Budget.

The problem is that the original poster never provided a link to the original 5000 points Avis promo.

Another poster provided only links to filled-in-forms with the coupon.

In the Avis forum, they started a similar thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...ay-rental.html

in which I finally found that there was a splash page on the Club Carlson site.

But that splash page (http://www.clubcarlson.com/fgp/earn/home.do) no longer has info on any big Avis or Budget promos. These promos appear to be "hidden" right now (you can't find them on any Avis "partner promos" page nor on any Club Carlson "partner promos" page).

That makes it hard to tell whether there's an Avis version for 2 days (at 5000 or 5500 points or whatever).

To me, the easy of using Avis Preferred is worth 500 points to me. (And I only have one rental coming up, 2 days, during the "extended" period, so it's not worth for me to set up a new Budget account just for that, given that like I said you don't get to "skip the counter" on your first rental in one of these "skip the counter" programs, only from your second rental on.) And on this particular rental I need to do (in March), I need to be out on the road as quickly as possible.

UPDATE: I tried the original 3-day coupon for 3+ days in March and it says "coupon accepted". I tried the original 2-day coupon for 2 days in March and it says:

•The Coupon Number you provided has expired. Please check the terms and conditions or remove it to continue with this reservation.

So it seems as if the 2-day version doesn't exist at Avis. Drat. I now have to look for the next best promo from some other Avis partner (assuming they don't restart a Club Carlson promo that's valid on just 2-day rentals).

Ambraciot Feb 1, 2012 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 17931565)
Not at all. Only one of the three threads you linked to (requoted above) has posts for January 2012, and that thread is specific to and exclusive to the Budget promos, not the Avis promo(s).

So I see nothing that you've pointed out where the Avis 9000 promo was previously discussed as having been "extended" past Dec 31. (Maybe it was discussed, maybe it wasn't, but it sure isn't in any of the three threads linked above.)

So you are arguing for three different threads for the Avis promotion, separate threads for the Budget version, no cross referencing with the consolidated promotion thread and a new Exclamation tagged thread for each change in conditions?

It is clearly one set of promotions that are not substantially different from one another and do not need stand alone threads. I never said there was anything wrong with posting that the extension applies to one or all of the related offers in one of the threads would be wrong or that updates on the current rolling end date of the promotion are unwarranted.

But single post threads that don't even link to the previous discussion is not a practical format. There have been multiple questions about how these promotions work, any updates to the promotions should be part of the threads that answer these questions.

Ambraciot Feb 1, 2012 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 17931692)
The problem is that the original poster never provided a link to the original 5000 points Avis promo.

Another poster provided only links to filled-in-forms with the coupon.

In the Avis forum, they started a similar thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...ay-rental.html

in which I finally found that there was a splash page on the Club Carlson site.

But that splash page (http://www.clubcarlson.com/fgp/earn/home.do) no longer has info on any big Avis or Budget promos. These promos appear to be "hidden" right now (you can't find them on any Avis "partner promos" page nor on any Club Carlson "partner promos" page).

Which is all the more reason these promotions should be discussed in a single unified thread, rather than in fragments.

sdsearch Feb 1, 2012 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 17931769)
Which is all the more reason these promotions should be discussed in a single unified thread, rather than in fragments.

I am not the moderator in this forum. Is there a moderator in this forum? Only a moderator can merge threads.

I never argued about whether this should or should not have been a separate thread. I only argued about whether the extension to the Avis 9000 promo was documented in another thread, which you claimed it was, and it clearly wasn't.

I agree that it might be a good idea to merge some of these thread, but unless there is someone around to do it, and unless merging similar threads is the policy in this forum (different forums have different policies regarding things like that), I'm not sure what talking more about that will do.

My complaint actually is not much that that multiple threads exist, but that they are poorly titled. The OP who started this thread about the promo being good until April 2012 did not put that in the title, but used the exact same title as for the previous thread (when it was good until Dec 2011). I agree that if there was not going to be a new title, it should have gone in the previous thread. I do think there might have been a valid reason for starting a new thread, but only if you were going to give the thread a new title explaining that the new expiration date.

Boy, do we miss Evan!, huh? Talk about one thread for it all, the quarterly car rental promos for all car rental companies and all of their partners thread he used to do in the MilesBuzz! forum was fantastic. The splinter into zillions of separate threads has seemed to have escalated since that unified car rental promos thread went away...

Franklybrit Mar 4, 2012 1:42 pm

Although the terms and conditions are not actually stated on the Club Carlson launch page, there appear to be some blackout dates for this promotion.

The one I have identified is;

Coupon is blacked out for dates EASTER EUROPE-2012: 2012-03-31/2012-04-15

Firewind Mar 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 17934288)
Boy, do we miss Evan!, huh?

Uh huh, uh huh!

Firewind Mar 11, 2012 12:33 am

Tried two experiments. The first one seems successful: The 9,000/3 days landing page came up and permitted booking. In the second, I mixed a Groupon AWD with the coupon given here/on the landing page. Had to start over, but the system didn't choke, or give a red expiry notice. We'll see.

The other issue I always deal with, even starting from scratch, is that the system goes in and substitutes all my profile preferences for whatever I've put in for the present rental. I mean eve when I don't enter my Avis First #. (I forgot to change my profile preferences to reflect this promo. Gotta do that right now. Hope it's not too late.)

Oh, and one more thing. Discovered that the field is not long enough for the whole CC number on the printed contract. Also says "GP/10 numbers". Gold Passport?! Back up to the desk. Fortunately no queue. Agent volunteered to show me what was on her screen. It was all* there, and correct. :)

Anyway, maybe this digression isn't needless if some can use it. :)

* (Except my Avis First # ^. Again, we'll see.)

shocky Mar 11, 2012 12:50 am

I booked using this rate in Basel Switzerland airport. Got a rate which was about 30% lower than anything else I could find in any rental agency. Not bad considering I will also get 9000 points.