Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radissons/ Park Plazas in London vs just outside

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radissons/ Park Plazas in London vs just outside

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by thomas199023
When is your stay at the May Fair? Could you report back?

I still haven't made up my mind...

The May Fair is asking £ 595,00 per night or 50.000 points.
The PP County Hall is asking £ 209,00 or 50.000 points.

May fair seems better value for points but if the PP property is better... difficult
Maybe staying at the PP County Hall using cash + points is the best option?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
I had a much nicer experience at the radisson/PP properties then at the Mayfair. Def. overpriced. Good breakfast and staff, but rooms are not that good and its noisy.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Anyone have any thoughts on the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel? Booked 2 nights there for next week...
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I booked the PP County Hall for 50k points, no C&P available. Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: SQ
Just finished a weekend stay at the PP Westminster Bridge. Got a 60/night rate thanks to 2-for-1 and had a decent enough stay. PP CH is directly behind this property and looks like essentially a smaller version of the WB property. Location is excellent for a tourist
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I just redeemed by 50K for the Radisson Blu Kenilworth and got a room the size of the Yotel at Heathrow.

As Charles Barkley would say, "Terible, terible."
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:08 pm

Plaza on the river is best redemption. Often have good cash and points. Often get an upgrade.

Mayfair is ok but full of d list celebs. Basic toiletries. Get a room onto inside as quieter.

County hall is my work hotel. I prefer it to Westminster (same owners) but upgrades are now almost non existent. If you redeem get same room small which smells of damp as faulty bath.

If I was redeeming plaza on river, then Mayfair, then County hall.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just got this email:

Dear Mr Thomas199023,

Thank you for choosing to stay with during the Olympic period, in light of your booking over these dates I have attached some information regarding your booking.

I would like to inform you that during this period we will probably not be able to offer you the usual upgraded room type from the one you have booked, as all the hotel is fully booked and all rooms are allocated according to room type booked.

During this period all London hotels will have similar policies, however you will still get the other Club Carlson benefits of discounted food and beverage in our outlets, booking points and other benefits applicable to your membership level.

Mr Thomas199023, I do hope you have a great stay with us and enjoy whatever you have planned. Please do not hesitate to contact us in case we can assist with anything else.

Kind Regards
xxx
As of now the hotel is still selling all room types. I have send a email back to confirm if there is a upgraded room available at check-in if they still upgrade their elite members.

Last edited by thomas199023; Jul 20, 2012 at 3:18 am
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:51 am

I guess there's the possibility they are overselling rooms as they are assuming a certain percentage will cancel since most people book fully refundable rates when it comes to hotels? So they might be technically fully booked.

Good luck though. I always check the room availability on day of check-in so that I can be fairly sure if upgrade rooms are available.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I'm a big fan of the Radisson properties in London. In fact, I find the majority of my Club Carlson stays are at Radissons in London - usually well-located and reasonably priced when most London hotels are expensive. However, I've never tried a Park Plaza yet - might be a good use of the points.

What's the primary difference? Are they more high-end? More consistently high-end? Larger rooms? Some of the Radissons are a wee bit on the small side (which is OK, I'm not in my room much when in London).

Just curious. Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:05 pm

How about the Park Plaza Victoria as compared to Plaza on the River?

Westminster Bridge and County Hall don't show any availability on my dates, so I reserved Victoria thinking it is a little closer to the attractions, restaurants and the tube compared to Plaza on the River. This will be my first time in London and I will most likely be alone.

Is Victoria equally as nice as County Hall, Westminster and Plaza on the River?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
I just redeemed by 50K for the Radisson Blu Kenilworth and got a room the size of the Yotel at Heathrow.

As Charles Barkley would say, "Terible, terible."
Am I right in saying this was a single room?

I was at the Radisson Kenilworth recently and I got upgraded from a single to a standard double room due to Silver status.

The room was ok but on the small side...a single room must be tiny.

It's in a very old building and could do with some refurbishment on the interior to liven it up a little.

I much prefer the modern Radisson Blu at New Providence Wharf (by Canary Wharf). Slightly outside the centre, but easily accessible by public transport and the rooms are really nice and spacious for London standards. More of a business hotel, so not so suited to leisure, but there are some very good rates available some weekends.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 2:07 pm

I'd go with Plaza on the River if I were you. There's good bus links, walkable to Westminster. PP Victoria isn't that great (apart from the time I got an upgrade to a one bedroom apartment on the top floor)

QUOTE=frugalgal1001;18970523]How about the Park Plaza Victoria as compared to Plaza on the River?

Westminster Bridge and County Hall don't show any availability on my dates, so I reserved Victoria thinking it is a little closer to the attractions, restaurants and the tube compared to Plaza on the River. This will be my first time in London and I will most likely be alone.

Is Victoria equally as nice as County Hall, Westminster and Plaza on the River?[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:20 pm

My vote is for Plaza on the River (a Park Plaza hotel). Just got back from a 3 night stay as CC Gold. Originally scheduled for 2 nights, but sickness forced us to stay another.

The first night was booked with 50,000 points. I emailed and asked for an early check-in and riverview upgrade. The response was yes if there was one available. Upon arrival, I was upgraded to a fantastic one-bedroom suite with a view of the Thames. The standard award is a studio room with no view. I didn't do the nor-1 upgrade, which offered an upgrade to a suite with a balcony view of Big Ben and Parliament for around 30 pounds. Definitely thought about it though. The second night, I did a points and cash room, so I could take advantage of the latest Park Plaza promotion for a bonus 50,000 points. So I used 15,000 points and $190 to get another 50,000 points. They kept me in the same room. Unfortunately, for the third night, we did get switched to a non-view room, but still a one-BR suite. At least my wife was able to book with her account and also got the PP promotion.

The Plaza on the River is in the same building as the Park Plaza Riverbank. I thought about doing the second night points & cash in the Park Plaza Riverbank for the promo, since it would have cost less, but I loved the Plaza on the River suite. It was huge and had a kitchenette, fridge, washer/dryer, and Nespresso machine. Bathroom was also very large with Gilchrist & Soames toiletries. Crib for our 10-month son was brought up promptly. Very modern hotel with incredible customer service. Vauxhall is the closest Tube stop to the south, and it's really less than a 10-minute walk. We walked across Lambeth bridge to get to Westminster pretty easily.

I never got the CC Gold welcome amenity, but besides that (and being ridiculously sick), I really enjoyed the stay.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: TB: Gold AMEX:Plat
Park Plaza County Hall - Gold Elite.

Stayed 2 nights for 50,000 each last Saturday and Sunday.

Had received same e-mail as thomas199023 regarding no upgrades possible during Olympics, but on check-in was upgraded with no prompting to a corner studio of about 70 sq m ! (Room 319, I think).

That's 2 out of 2 from County Hall this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.