Experiences Sao Paulo, Brazil

Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Experiences Sao Paulo, Brazil

Does anyone how any experiences to share about the Club Carlson properties in Sao Paulo. Which one has easiest access to GRU?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I will be staying in the Radisson Faria Lima later in the year for a couple of weeks and wondered if any one has any recent experience?

Tripadvisor comments are pretty mixed, and it seems that my objective should be to try and get a refurbished room away from the street and/or view of the garage where kids hang out at night and play loud music!

Thank you.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: US Chairman, United Premier Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Club Carlson Silver
The Radisson Faria Lima is nice. The air conditioning units are a bit loud. The service is very good and the restaurant has good food. If you ask for recommendation for dinner, make sure to ask the price, as the place closest to the hotel is very expensive. There is a Mall with withing walking distance.

If you want a better property, stay at the Radisoon in Alphaville. It is about 1 hour from GRU but the crime is alot less. You can walk to dining, shopping, etc wtihout worry. Depends on what you want but the property is nice.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks ReynoldsGirl.

Apparently, the hotel is not far from the office where I will be working, so that is the reason I am staying there.

Did you find street noise an issue?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: US Chairman, United Premier Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Club Carlson Silver
I was only there on a Friday night, so noise was not an issue. Having said that. it was very busy. My coworker said the AC was annoying. You may want to stay on a higher floor. It goes on and off and since it is a wall unit, it can be annoying. Also, the doors are thin - people at the elevator bank can here you if you are talking in your room. Please be careful as the stories about Sao Paulo are true - keep all valuables hidden while you are there.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:10 pm

Agree high floor is a must. Moved up after a first sleepless night
Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:24 pm

Just back from nearly 2 weeks at the hotel.

I had a "Premium" room on the 7th floor, although I was not clear how it was better than the rooms that my colleagues had on the 16 and 18th floors. It was nicely decorated with dark wood floors.

Noise in the morning was not too much of an issue, as I was getting up at 6.30. There is noise from outside - my room overlooked the BR petrol/gas station. but it was never too irritating, thankfully. The wall mounted AC can be noisy, as mentioned above. The fridge was useful and there were quite a few channels in English.

Planes landing at the domestic airport, CGH, fly quite low over the hotel at frequent intervals.

The shower room was very small, but adequate, with a good sized shower.

The buffet breakfast was pretty good, with the usual foods. Staff serve coffee, but you are just as well to help yourself. Breakfast can get pretty busy.

Staff were generally good, although the standard of English varied.

Gym is reasonable and there is a 25m lap pool on the top floor.

It is good standard business hotel, in a nice area.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:59 pm

My boss stayed here a few weeks ago.

He said that it is a building site and not to be recommended at the moment.

Hopefully it will be new and improved and worth a visit later in the year for my next visit to Sao Paulo.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Hello,

Anyone has an experience with the following hotel?

Park Inn by Radisson Ibirapuera Sao Paulo
Old Jul 13, 2013, 5:15 pm

NYE

Actually planning to spend New Year's Eve in Sao Paolo. Which location is more fun and safe as well ? Considering

Park Inn by Radisson Ibirapuera Sao Paulo

or

Radisson Faria Lima

Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:01 pm

Any more news of this places? There is apparently a new one that was I think the modern version of the old Park Suites ITC Nova Faria Lima Sao Paulo.

New one is Radisson Hotel Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:01 pm

Any more news of this places? There is apparently a new one that was I think the modern version of the old Park Suites ITC Nova Faria Lima Sao Paulo.

New one is Radisson Hotel Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:05 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
It is the old ITC and they did not even change the elevator carpets only the door sign....
Terrible hotel with extremely noisy air condition......the Radisson Faria Lima is a hit and miss - their internet has not been working properly since November so if you rely on proper internet coverage thsi will not be the hotel for you.
Renovation is ongoing but so far non of the new rooms are ready - so no new rooms as of yet.
Service is OK at best and a hit or miss....getting ketchup for your omelette can take anywhere from 10 to 25 minutes and up to 3 reminders....

Overall.........I would recommend to stay at a Marriott property^
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:12 am

Hello,

OK. So not that good. Would the renovation been done for May2014?

Offtopic : Do Gold members have expiration on points?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:09 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Hi,

they say it will be done by April.....

BTW between 6am and 11pm planes will pass the building within "reach" every 20-30 minutes....quite loud!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.