Experiences Sao Paulo, Brazil

Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Anyone would have some updates?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Staying at Radisson Vila Olimpia right now.

Staying at #2004, you can still smell the glue. Renovation still going through lats phase - you can still see the old paint under the new room signs, etc. AC was very noisy sometimes.

Comparing to Park Inn Ibirapuera, I'd say you get more or less the same for less at the Park Inn. Radisson is marginally better - they do offer at least a George Foreman Grill where you can warm up your bread where PI Ibirapuera doesn't offer even a simple toaster - the rest is pretty much the same, the cachaça they use for making the welcome caipirinha is decent, unlike the brands at PI.

Looks like your status is better recognized at Radisson Vila Olimpia, the front desk went "yoopeee" when she saw my new gold card.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:04 am

And is it decent to stay some days? Or better the Holiday Inns?

How is the internet?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Yes, but both have some drawbacks.

I liked the Park Inn room better, but the bathroom of the Radisson Vila Olimpia is much much better. Park Inn common areas are a bit tired and there are still construction works finalizing the Radisson VO conversion. They are OK, but do not expect anything out of this world. Just a simple hotel from a large chain.

Don't know about the Holiday Inns.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:34 am

ok Thanks.

Luckily they improved because previous rapports were really bad!

We are 6 journalists for the worldcup so we will be there several weeks in Sao en try to get us a good hotel on points :-)
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Any updates on the Radisson Vila Olimpia?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Park Inn Ibirapuera in May.Upgraded room was ok and clean.Received a Welcome drink coupon and free breakfast(nothing to write about it). Paid weekend rate,so nothing to complain,location was convenient to me.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: United 1K , Emirates Platinum, Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Have recently stayed at the Radisson Villa Olympia several times, the renovated rooms are nice with a great bathroom with rainshower. Howeve there two thinks that need fixing most of the time the refrigerator was not working properly because of blocked heat outleats at the cabinet and the other is the aircon ist still extremly loud but this is due to the building structure it could not be properly replaced. Unfortunate on my last stay i got an old not renovated room and i have to say there is reason why they need renovating.. also so far no upgrdes despite the gold CC status.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: *G
Stayed @ Villa Olimpia in April and was very dissapointed. A/C was so loud, so had to turn it off, but even without A/C there was still weird noises. Arrived at midnight so managed to fall asleep the first night, but asked for the check out policy the 2nd morning. Was offered an upgrade to 'the best room type they had', went to see it but declined as still the same A/C unit, but then they had another even better room to show... It was a bit better, at least the toilet was seperated from the rest of the room a bit more than just a glass door with large gaps around. Still same A/C unit, but I declined.
The hotel was clearly not even close to full, so I don't understand why they didn't upgrade me the first night.
I wanted to try the pool, but it looked very dirty, so I skipped that.
The breakfast looked pretty good, but was underwhelmed when actually eating.
Went for Hilton on my 2nd night in Sao Paulo and did not regret
Old May 28, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I stayed at the Vila Olimpia for 3 nights this past weekend. The air conditioner compressor is a bit loud, but the settings are adjustable and the fan setting is very quiet. Breakfast was rather good with a selection that changed a bit each day. I really like the Vila Olimpia neighborhood in the evening, though it's not ideal for touring Centro and Se.

They are still doing the renovations, so be sure to ask about them when checking in if you plan to be in the room during the mid and late morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.