Radisson Blu Cologne (Köln)

Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Radisson Blu Cologne (Köln)

Stayed at the Radisson Blu in Cologne last week as part of a multi-city Germany trip. The hotel is located near the Cologne Convention Center and right next to the Dorint Hotel. Location is great for convention visitors but overall not very good for a tourist looking to use the hotel as a base for exploring Cologne...you definitely cannot walk into the city center.

Overall a very nice hotel. Room was functional and clean but suprisingly the soundproofing was not the greatest since I could hear traffic noise from the nearby highway entrance/exit ramp. My only real complaint about the room was the absolutely horrible lumpy foam pillows. Come on Radisson....this is Germany and you never get crapy foam pillows in decent hotels in Germany....you might get crappy feather pillows but not foam! A quick call to the front desk got me a decent feather pillow in no time.

Dinner at the on site Italian restaurant was very good. It didn't offer the biggest menu but the food was actually pretty good. The breakfast offering was typical for a nicer high end hotel.

To summarize...a nice hotel without an real issues. If your in town for a convention it is ideally located but if you are in town as a tourist I would chose the Art'otel (also part of the Club Carlson) across the river. My reviews of it can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...periences.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.