Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Triple Points Promo Jan. 10 - March 16

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fanjet
I hope this will work on Cash&Points stays as well.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...h-portion.html
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
My normal points for my stay Jan 10-11 posted, but not the triple points even if I had registered for the campaign.

I'm not surprised, Club Carlson does nothing but disappoints constantly.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
Points posted for stay Jan 12, Mississauga, Ontario

Regular points, 2548
Gold Bonus, 1274
Online, 2000
Triple, 5096
Business Act, 1274

Total 12,192
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:57 pm

Hey everyone...first time post here.

Like niksal, my triple points did not post.

I am 100% sure I registered per the email I received and I had three stays over this past weekend (Jan 13,14,15). The points for my stay on the 13th posted, but without the bonus. I called and asked about it and they said it was because I did not register. I explained that I had in fact registered(walked them through the process of getting the email, clicking on the link, filling out info...) and they said that I must have not done it correctly. They said there is no way I'd be able to get the bonus points for those stays.

Anyone have any advice about what I could do at this point?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
Originally Posted by KidA

Like niksal, my triple points did not post.

I am 100% sure I registered per the email I received and I had three stays over this past weekend (Jan 13,14,15). The points for my stay on the 13th posted, but without the bonus. I called and asked about it and they said it was because I did not register. I explained that I had in fact registered(walked them through the process of getting the email, clicking on the link, filling out info...) and they said that I must have not done it correctly. They said there is no way I'd be able to get the bonus points for those stays.

I wonder if you try to register again, if it says you are already registered, then you may have more amo on your side if you go back to talk to them again.

Good luck
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by jbvideo
I wonder if you try to register again, if it says you are already registered, then you may have more amo on your side if you go back to talk to them again.

Good luck
Thanks. I'll keep you posted.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Originally Posted by KidA
Access your profile online at the CC website. Click on

'My Statement'
then click
'Missing a transaction for a recent stay?* '

Enter the details and your problem, they normally respond with an email within a few days.

Cheers
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by jbvideo

Good luck
I have the same problem - did 2 stay Mon, Tue in 2 RadissonBlu and no point shows, and I tried to register again and I did a screen dump that I have already registered. ^

Now I'll wait a week to see if my stays post.

Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
My first stay under the Promo(booked after registering for promo) posted, and the tripple points posted with no problem.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: A few
as a newbie to club carlson very pleased to see the points post right away unlike say spg where you really have to do a good job tracking promos.

a $150 stay earned a whopping 12,591 points!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 3:20 am

Programs: BA, BMI
Is my calculation Correct?

Hotel Room Spend US$ 581
Gold Points earnt per $ spent 20
Silver Status Bonus 25% 25
Triple Bonus GP per $ spent 40
Total GP per $ spent 65

Total GP for room booking 37765
Online booking bonus 2000

Is this calculation correct? The total cost of my 3 nights is actually coming to USD765 however 184$ is showing up as tax - am I right in thinking I don't get miles for that element? Obviously if I spend 100$ on food and drink and charge to my room then the 581 will rise to 681 etc etc.

Seems a very good deal???

Andrew
Old Jan 25, 2012, 4:21 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Originally Posted by andrewsco

Is this calculation correct? The total cost of my 3 nights is actually coming to USD765 however 184$ is showing up as tax - am I right in thinking I don't get miles for that element? Obviously if I spend 100$ on food and drink and charge to my room then the 581 will rise to 681 etc etc.

Andrew
I have learned from CC agent that Taxes are not included in the points calculation (nor is parking). Food and Bev is definitely included as you have stated.

I like this promo, one night 103eur rate attracts 13K points.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
can this be combined with double points rates? and how would it calculate out on say a $75 per night stay?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Yes you do. I spent 15k points for a cash + points room in the Oslo Plaza and revieved the following points

Room 3,393
Food & beverage 75% bouns 233
Concierge 75% bonus 2,545
Triple points 7,406
Online booking 3,000
Food & beverage 311

Total 16,888

I love triple points, I have three more nights in Russia this week, I should get close to 80,000 points for the three nights.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ryan754
can this be combined with double points rates? and how would it calculate out on say a $75 per night stay?
I'm wondering the same. Looking at a stay in Springfield, MA and AAA rate is $90 and Double Points rate is $109. If they did stack, it would be 3,465 more points for the higher rate with the silver bonus which works out to around $0.0055 per point. It's a work trip and I've got flexibility to book either rate at no expense to myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.