Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Park Plaza County Hall or Park Plaza Westminster London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Which hotel is better as a Gold-Member.(Upgrade, Lounge.....)?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
I haven't stayed in Westminister, but I did stay in County Hall just a week before Christmas. As a Gold Member I was upgraded to a junior suite, but to be honest I didn't even check about the lounge. The nice touch is that both County Hall and Victoria Park now have free WIFI for the customers, which makes them a far more attractive place to stay in London.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Westminster is the glitsier of the two and so probably more scope for upgrades. I have stayed at County Hall and was impressed, although it might be luck of the draw. I was in a studio room with small kitchen and lounge area.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 1:45 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
I stayed at Westminster last year in August as a Silver. Even on an industry rate was still given an upgrade to an "atrium" view room which meant if i strained really hard i could see Big Ben.

Breakfast in the restaurant gets REALLY busy but was still damn good, rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious enough.

Good value imo.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC, Club Carlson (Concierge), Marriott (Platinum), Holiday Inn (Spire), Hilton (Diamond)
As someone who has frequently stayed in both here are my thoughts

The Westminster Bridge is newer than the county hall but it is a HUGE hotel, 2nd largest in London I believe and therefor the service compared to the county hall can be a little impersonal.

I like the rooms at the county hall, a lot of the rooms at the Westminster Bridge are looking over an atrium. The staff are friendlier in my opinion at the County Hall and as a regular guest and CC Concierge member I was given access to the exec lounge. Dont think for a minute that as a CC member you will get lounge access at the Westminster Bridge. Its restricted to guests who have booked an 'executive package'.

Both hotels have good restuarants however the Brassiere Joel Westminster Bridge is phenominal, the head chef has a Michelin Star from a previous restaurant and the food is always top drawer. I would eat there even if I was not a guest!

My final tip for both hotels is, if you are planning on a lie in at either places then the good old 'do not disturb' sign on the door is essential otherwise housekeeping WILL knock on your door at 8am, 8:05am, 8:10am, 8:15am etc etc etc
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:43 pm

County Hall. Better rooms. More upgrades. Lighter. Some Westminster rooms you hear a lot of noise (running water).

But now I mostly do plaza on the river. These days often comes up same price (as the others have doubled in past 3 years) and often has points and cash offers. Get good upgrades- all big rooms.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 9:24 pm

Does anyone that's stayed in these hotels recently have anything to add?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.