Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Lima Peru benefits: award vs. paid stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

I want to book a 2-night award stay in a Junior Suite at the Radisson Decapolis Miraflores in Lima, Peru in February (burning those 50k free night bonus points!) Looking at the Carlson website for my dates, under Standard Award they list this:

ROOM DESCRIPTION:
The Junior Suites include:
-Upgraded Linens
-Spacious floorplans
-Iron and board
-High speed internet access
-Complimentary in-room coffee and coffeemaker
-Complimentary newspaper
-Large Television

FEATURES:
Valid for all Club Carlson Members worldwide at participating hotels.
Guest will be redeeming Gold Points at the time of booking.
Points will be immediately deducted from the Club Carlson account.
Free night valid for room only. (bolding mine)

However, under the paid Best Available rate they list this:

ROOM DESCRIPTION:
The Junior Suites include:
-Upgraded Linens
-Spacious floorplans
-Iron and board
-High speed internet access
-Complimentary in-room coffee and coffeemaker
-Complimentary newspaper
-Large Television

FEATURES:
Rate Includes:
-Complimentary breakfast (does not include room service)
-Complimentary in-room High Speed Internet access (extra charge for wireless access and ethernet cables)
-$10.00 USD free drinks at hotel bars and restaurants per room per night (non-cumulative)
(again, bolding mine)

Does this mean that by booking an award I'll miss out on the free breakfast/internet/drink voucher? If that's true, then I'll look at a HHonors award at the DoubleTree up the road where Gold status at least gets me free breakfast/internet. If anyone has experience with how this is handled (award vs. paid benefits) at this particular Radisson or at Radisson hotels in general I'd love to hear it, thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:58 am
Original Poster

FYI, I received a reply to the question above that I had sent directly to the hotel last night via the email address on their Facebook page ([email protected]):

Dear Mr Woods;

Pleasure to greet you, let me inform you, that the breakfast and the Internet access will be free, but $10 the drinks are not included.

Cordialmente,

XXXX | Departamento de Reservas

So free breakfast and internet for everyone, but free drinks only for paying customers, which is something I can live with .

Last edited by SwissCircle; Dec 31, 2011 at 12:08 am Reason: name of employee
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Thanks. Was actually wondering the same thing. This helps.
Old May 30, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
Wondering if anyone would share recent review re this hotel (Radisson Miraflores Lima). Making plans to burn some of my points and looking at this for a Lima stay.

Thanks,
SF
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SometimesFlyer
Wondering if anyone would share recent review re this hotel (Radisson Miraflores Lima). Making plans to burn some of my points and looking at this for a Lima stay.

Thanks,
SF
I was there 2/2012

http://hackmytrip.com/2013/03/adios-...is-miraflores/
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I was there in 2010 for one night. Arrived late on flight from US, they were very pleasant at check-in, was upgraded to a junior suite. I was actually on one of the $80 F&F rates!

Left early in the morning so I don't have a lot to share other than it's a good location, clean, modern and don't recall any negatives.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I was there in 2010 for one night. Arrived late on flight from US, they were very pleasant at check-in, was upgraded to a junior suite. I was actually on one of the $80 F&F rates!

Left early in the morning so I don't have a lot to share other than it's a good location, clean, modern and don't recall any negatives.
I arrived early-ish morning (10am?) and had a flight the next night at 1am. They let me have early check-in and late check-out on a C&P reservation. Staff was wonderful.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:49 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I am booked there for mid-June 2013. Will post back after the stay.

Thanks for the details about the breakfast from earlier posters!

Anita
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Thanks for the info everyone! I'm headed there in July and will report back when done too.

Cheers,
SF
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:09 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Quick Review

We stayed at the Radisson Decapolis in Lima at the end of our Peru trip in June 2013.

I booked with points (38,000 per night) and took advantage of being a Club Carlson Visa holder to book a second night at no additional points. (Our flight was scheduled to depart at midnight the second day so I wanted a home base until we left for the airport.)

Overall it was a good experience, thought it was definitely a rung below the hotels we'd been staying at (Hilton Lima, Tambo del Inka, Sanctuary Lodge).

Check-in was very easy and polite. We were automatically upgraded as Gold members (me and my husband to an ocean-view room, the kids to a junior suite or something) and received a nice plate of chocolates in each room as an elite welcome gift. A rollaway was provided at no additional cost (unlike Tambo and Hilton which charged $65 and $25 respectively).

The Radisson lobby is fine, if austere. Our floor (#7) smelled horrible when we got off the elevator, and the kids' room smelled even worse. Our room smelled okay. They sent up several air fresheners and a dehumidifier immediately.

Wifi (free) was fast in the kids' room and at the rooftop pool, but horrible in our room at the end of the hall.

The breakfast buffet was terrific and was included in our reward stay.

The hotel is well located on 28 de Julio near the tennis courts and just a few blocks from the cliff tops.

The front desk staff and concierge were very helpful and kind; we had had a bag stolen at the LIM airport and arrived at the hotel very rattled and upset. The front desk crew went above and beyond in calling the airport for us repeatedly attempting to locate someone who could help us. They also wrote a note for us in Spanish to take back to the airport when we left the following day.

Overall it was a good stay as long as your expectations are reasonable (ie, not 4 star, rooms fairly basic.)

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Anita
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:57 pm

Review of stay at Radisson Decapolis

Like Anita before, I stayed at the Radisson recently at the end of a Peru trip which took me to the Sacred Valley, Arequipa, Paracas, Ica and ending up in Lima. Used the opportunity to clean up some orphaned Club Carlson points for 2 nights at the Radisson.

Real close to the Miraflores clifts, walkable. 28 de Julio is also a long ramp that basically takes you all the way down to the water if you are keen. There are walkways, benches and a landscaped area right along the road.

Within a 10-15 min walk there are lots of restaurants and things to do around the hotel. Northeast along 28 de Julio takes you to the Parque Kennedy area with its crafts market, restaurants, shops, Inca Market, art galleries and all sorts of odds and ends.

Rooms
Oh gosh, the smell. For some reason they have a WHOLE LOAD of these Glade plug in air fresheners in use along the hallways. Just from the elevators to the end of the corridor outside the room, I counted 3 that were all emitting some mix of vanilla and chocolate cake or something like that. Sickly sweet stench.

Rooms were functional, a little spartan. No upgrade for Gold CC member. When I asked, they claim to be "oversold". Had a partial seaview which was nice.

Air conditioner in the room was challenging. Regardless of whatever temp I set it to (15 - 25C), the thing kept on blowing out cold air.

Restaurant Breakfast
Buffet breakfast was included in rate. Very nice spread, cold cuts, fruit, breads, cereals and pastries. Couple of hot items included as made to order. Tamales were great.

Staff
Front desk staff and concierge were generally very helpful. Restaurant reservations, hunting down specific dishes, taxis, etc.

Misc
Hotel taxi to the airport was s75. I'm sure I could have gotten less hailing something off the street but did not want to deal with it early in the morning. Internet was fast and reliable.

All in all, good hotel. Oriented more like a business hotel rather than a vacation resort. No surprise given its location in the capital.

Cheers,
SF
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:35 am

I'm going to this hotel for 3 nights in August (following 4 nights in Foz de Iguazu) and looking forward to visiting Lima. I anyone has any updated info, I'd be happy to hear it.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
There are two Radissons in Lima. I stayed with 5 friends at the Decapolis Miraflores in March 2014. They have a great AAA rate especially on weekends. You're required to show a AAA card so have one just in case. We all did.
Room rate included the aforementioned excellent breakfast -- hot items ordered fresh and a la carte, I loved that. Also included about US$10-15 per day for drinks or food in hotel bars. Very decent sushi place off the main lobby, nice vibe at the rooftop poolside bar. Great pool and quite functional gym on the rooftop too.
Service was ok, got some upgrade as a Gold to a larger room. Slept well.
I'd recommend it!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:16 am

Thanks! I'm going next week!
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:09 am

Would anyone like to compare the two Lima hotels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.