Search

Agra Taj East Gate Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 5:36 pm
k2o
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Agra Taj East Gate Review

Ocr 2011. A fairly new property, very modern in design, bargain priced for F&F @ 80 USD. I'm only a silver elite so didn't expect any upgrades. I arrived late morning, they checked me in and did not charge or fuss over early check in. I was assigned a personal assistant to show me about the property. I was given her name and number and told if I needed anything during my stay to call and ask for her. My room was beautiful and impeccably clean. The shower stall was wonderful with choice of rain shower or normal shower heads. I took a shower and quick nap before leaving for the day. When I returned after dinner, the room was re-freshed, I had turn down service on the bed, the bathroom cleaned, used towels and all the toiletries had been replaced. Complimentary bottled water replaced as well. What a nice surprise!

Internet was included and it was fast. Loved it.

Note-this hotel is quite close to the Taj Mahal so there was lots of security. It was gated and our car was inspected, under the hood, trunk and undercarriage. Once on property luggage was x-rayed and we all had to walk through security prior to entry. They hand searched my handbag. When I returned after dinner, the doorman and the security personnel who had earlier checked my handbag recognized me, did a quick search and welcomed me back!

Sorry no dining reviews. I met others for dinner outside the hotel and I opted to sleep an extra 30 minutes instead of having breakfast.

I stayed here as the ITC Mughal (SPG) had no award stays available and the best price I could get there was over $245 for a lux room-something this frugal traveler wouldn't pay.This price for this Radisson was great and I would love to stay here again.
Old May 15, 2012, 6:18 pm

Thanks for the review! We are staying here in about a month and are excited for our stay. Sounds like the hotel provides some good service, and you can't beat the location! Nice that they provide the daily turn-down service as well. One question, was breakfast included in the rate? Didn't see anything on the website.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:38 pm
k2o
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
I'm happy the review helped. It's really a great place. Did I mention the personal concierge?
If I remember correctly breakfast wasn't included. I did peek in the restaurant and it looked nice. I didn't have a bad meal while I was in India, but then I love Indian food and never got tired of trying something new. As a vegetarian it was great having such a selection and not being in the minority or looked at funny when asking for veggie menus. Sorry I can't review the restaurant.
Old May 18, 2012, 1:31 pm

Yes, you did mention the personal concierge! Sounds like quite the service, especially for the price!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:19 am

We stayed here in March, booked a club room, upgraded to suite even though this was our 1st ever stay at a Radisson property. We arrived about 9.30am and were taken straight to our room to freshen up before our guide collected us. I was expecting to store our luggage.

Great location and service.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:06 am

Update on the trip. Had a great stay at the property! Perfect location, staff was great, building was very clean. As gold members, we were upgraded to a club room, which included breakfast. While we were the it was my birthday, and they surprised me with a nice birthday cake, that even the three of us could not finish. It was quite a surprise, because my family did not mention the occasion. When we checked, in they must have noticed my birthdate on my passport. There was also a nice pool, that was great and relaxing because it gets hot out!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I'm going to stay there next summer...it looks great on the website and thanks for your review. Question: did your room have two beds? The pictures on the website only seem to show one, but I will have my husband, myself, my mom, and my son. I may have to get two adjoining rooms, but was checking to see if I could get away with just one.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:18 pm

Sorry, we had two rooms. We were there during the whole stay one night get 50K points, otherwise we would have for sure tried to only get one room. When booking the room does it give you the option of one or two beds? This is usually a pretty reliable way to find out.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by travisair
As gold members, we were upgraded to a club room, which included breakfast.
I just booked a room and was offered an eStandby upgrade for 1350 INR. I am also Gold elite and wondered if you got the upgrade without doing an eStandby upgrade.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:06 pm

We did not pay for EStandby. We were upgraded on our regular paid rate (in order to get 50K points a year ago).
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by travisair
We did not pay for EStandby. We were upgraded on our regular paid rate (in order to get 50K points a year ago).
Thanks. I'll go ahead and decline the eStandby and hope for a free upgrade.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of November. The property is well maintained (except for one hallway between the pool and the gym where the paint on the wall didn't seem to survive the monsoon humidity) and very modern and well-appointed.

I posted a review of our experience in the Please post your Club Carlson Elite experiences thread.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay
I posted a review of our experience in the Please post your Club Carlson Elite experiences thread.
I read your review and have a couple of questions. Did you do eStanby for the upgrade? Also can you elaborate on what your inquiry was that may have prompted the upgrade? Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Richard1148
I read your review and have a couple of questions. Did you do eStanby for the upgrade? Also can you elaborate on what your inquiry was that may have prompted the upgrade? Thanks.
I did not do eStandby. I emailed the hotel the week of my arrival with general questions about the hotel's available services and whether breakfast was included with my rate. I have found that having someone at a hotel look at my reservation before I arrive can improve my stay experience and upgrade chances.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 6:14 pm

My wife and I stayed there in October. Prior to arrival, I emailed the manager requested his help to show my wife and great experience...We got upgraded to the club level. Hotel was in good shape then. Area around the hotel is tuff (as is Agra in general).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.