Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Agra Taj East Gate Review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I did not do eStandby. I emailed the hotel the week of my arrival with general questions about the hotel's available services and whether breakfast was included with my rate. I have found that having someone at a hotel look at my reservation before I arrive can improve my stay experience and upgrade chances.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:35 am

A brief stay report from a recent stay (I'm normally a Hyatt/SPG person but it was a very busy weekend with hotels being fully booked):

1. Location

Great location - barely 500m to the outer gate. Only a handful of hotels will be better located, and even then, it is a minor difference.

2. Rooms

Rooms were modern, clean and overall quite pleasant. The only minor complaint was thta my room seemed to face some sort of a loud event going on (wedding, I was told) which continued well into late night.

3. Elite treatment

Not sure - I had booked a Business Class room during the sale so I don't know whether I would have received any upgrade as a Gold, had I booked the standard room. The hotel was booked solid so I may well have been stuck in a standard room if that was what I had booked. Had no trouble getting 4pm check-out upon request as Gold.

4. Lounge/Breakfast

The lounge offered free wine/beer and some small snacks during the cocktail hour (5pm-7pm). Pretty basic offering, but did the job. Breakfast was in the main restaurant, and again it was reasonable rather than impressive.

5. Service

Very helpful throughout, particularly in the lounge where they continued to ply me with alcohol after the official finish time of the cocktail hour. There was an issue with the rate which took much longer than expected to sort out at check-in, but we got there in the end and the manager was most apologetic upon check-out.

Overall, I was satisfied and would use again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.