Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copenhagen: Falconer vs Scandinavia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Copenhagen: Falconer vs Scandinavia

Any recent experiences? (I'd like to stay at the Royal, but its booked.)

We Can get Friends and Family rates at both Falconer and Scandinavia.

We don't mind taking the metro, walking to things - both seem equal distance to Tivoli.

Any thoughts/feedback appreciated!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: SK EBG , Goldpoints Gold
I like Falconer, mainly because I like the area; Frederiksberg.
But if you want to stay close to Tivoli you should stay at Scandinavia.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 4:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Standards at the two hotels are comparable, but Scandinavia is a lot bigger, and less personal than Falconer. As you say, the standard at both are a notch below the Royal. Set your expectations for a solid 3 star experience, and you won't be dissapointed.

Major difference IMHO is immediate surroundings.
- Falconer is a prime location for shopping/dining/drinking at small independent outlets in the slightly posh/trendy Frederiksberg area. Also slightly closer to a Metro station than Scandinavia.
- Scandinavia is excellent for access to Copenhagens parks and sorrounding nature including the big Amager Fælled area bordering the new Ørestad area with some exciting architecture and Islands Brygge with a more alternative selection of shops and cafes.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Wanted to bring this thread back.

Any updated tips on which hotel to stay at?

I will be in CPH for 2 nights, ideally looking to see the "main" sights, shop, and eat, and walk around/relax.

I know NOTHING about CPH so any tips appreciated.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:33 pm

Both the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel and the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel are in the heart of the city, very close to the main attractions and shopping area. The Radisson Blu Falconer is about tow mile or so away from the main shopping area but usually has much better rates.

If money (or points) do not matter I would go for either the Royal or the Scandinavia.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Based on one very touristy visit to the city (and a consideration of the same two properties mentioned by fassy), I'd say if money/points don't matter, you might as well go with the Royal. From there you can step out of your hotel and be right in the middle of (touristy) things. Once I saw and walked around the city, I was glad that I didn't have to walk from the Scandinavia, especially since it was cold and rainy during my stay.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
We stayed at the Falconer because it was the only option for four people and found the neighborhood to be very nice, with more of a local feel, and was only a short bus ride into the rest of town. That said, if you are only in town for 2 days, the Royal is probably the best located and very close to Tivoli.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.