In room welcome gift

Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Radisson Blu Sydney

Hand delivered - Dark Chocolate Almond Crisps

Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:10 pm

Radisson Ambassador - San Juan, PR

Basket of assorted chocolates, nuts, and other snacks.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Radisson El Paso Airport

Two stays at the Radisson El Paso Airport.

First stayed I arrived fairly late and had a plate of brownies with a typed note waiting for me in my upgraded suite (all rooms are suites but this was larger with nicer bathroom).

Second stay I arrived right at check-in time and stayed in a regular suite (hotel was sold out). About thirty minutes later I received a plate of brownies with a typed note from the bellman. Around 7pm a member of housekeeping came by with a truffle and a printout of the weather for the next few days.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Radisson blu Nantes, France

Box of chocolates from Vincent Guerlais, apparently the city's most expensive chocolate shop...delicious!^
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Park Inn Bedford, UK - last two times I've received a plate with a few bits of fruit on it, and a couple of bottles of water. (Previously they hadn't done anything). These have been waiting in the pre-allocated upgraded room, along with a small personalised welcome letter

Radisson Blu 1835 Cannes, France - no welcome gift. I did get quite a nice upgrade, so can't complain too much!

(This is as a gold)
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Radisson Summit Panama City(PTY)

Booked through a 3rd party.Upgraded to Exec.Room. Slippers and robe.Two welcome drinks at bar for secco concoction. Breakfast was included in rate but had to press issue.Mgr. introduced herself personally.Rest of stay ,not the best.I am Gold.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: FB Silver. Some hotel programs. More interested in cheap travel than points accrual.
Radisson Faria Lima Sao Paulo
Gold

I didn't get a welcome gift. (I did not ask for it explicitly.)
There was a round box on the desk with a sticker that said 'internet cable'. I'm pretty sure that that wasn't the gift.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:29 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Radisson Hotel & Suites, Austin Downtown, TX: nothing.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:46 pm

most of the time, nothing.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Radisson LAX: dessert plate with lemon bar, brownie, premium sparkling water, fruit plate
Radisson NRT: note from GM, bottles of water everywhere (including sparkling in mini-bar), and cookies
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
In my experience it is very consistent for Radissons to offer welcome gifts, and for country inn and suites to NOT offer welcome gifts. Small, suburban, outside major city CI&S are less likely to have Food & Beverage departments, but still it is a part of the benefit guide.

Out of my multiple CI&S stays, I believe only one property has given me a welcome gift.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Radisson Blu Rome: chocolates delivered in room.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
In my experience it is very consistent for Radissons to offer welcome gifts, and for country inn and suites to NOT offer welcome gifts. Small, suburban, outside major city CI&S are less likely to have Food & Beverage departments, but still it is a part of the benefit guide.

Out of my multiple CI&S stays, I believe only one property has given me a welcome gift.
I didn't read though the whole thread so please excuse me if this has been brought up before... It was in a big city but I figured I'd bring it up. The CI&S in downtown New Orleans gave a nice basket (I'm gold) that included chips, candy, beads, and some local bottles of root beer. However they didn't include a bottle opener and I was too lazy to ask for one, so I never got around to drinking the root beer. All in all it was a very nice basket though.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Park Plaza Utrecht gives a lot !

Bottle of red wine (75cl)
Bottle of sparkling water (75cl)
Bottle of water (75cl)
Fruit (3 pieces)
Chocolates (3 pieces)
Mixed nuts

Extra : Holiday themes presents at Easter, Christmas, Sinterklaas and even got champagne for new years.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: AA,UA,BA,SPG,IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, UR, MR
Country Inn & Suites Kendall (Miami) FL

In room welcome gift for gold members consisted of:
Bag of popcorn
Bottle of water
Package of nuts
Assorted candy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.