Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member room upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I've never been asked for the card.... and why would they, your status is something they have access to through your account.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fassy
Two days in the Radisson Blu Hamburg booked on points, as CC Gold got upgraded to Business room (not that spectacular) but they threw in free breakfast for two as part of the package. Very nice.

So far 2 times at the Hamburg property and got two upgrades (Standard Room -> Jr. Suite, Standard Room -> Business Room).
Very generous for the RB Hamburg!! they are not exactly reknown for their upgrades...
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:53 pm

art'otel Budapest, by park plaza - upgraded to room with Danube view and fresh fruit platter in room.

Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore - asked about breakfast and they said it was only free for one guest (2 guests registered in the room)

both were 2f1 reservations
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: IHG, Choice Hotels, Hyatt -Plat, Hilton, Carlson - Gold, BWR - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
UPDATE

Originally Posted by dagaetch
not strictly related to upgrades: I just booked a 4for2 in Sofia, and noticed that the T&C says "Guest must present Club Carlson Gold Tier card at check-in." I'm in the middle of a 6month world trip and don't have the card with me. Is this an actual requirement? I left all that stuff with my folks, so I could have them scan it and email me I guess. I've never needed to present a physical card for other memberships, so this would be a first.
Hi fellow FTer, I was wondering how was your stay at this hotel in Sofia. I have the same 4 for 2 coming up next year. Did you get upgraded as a Gold on this stay? Please let me know. Thank you
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: IHG, Choice Hotels, Hyatt -Plat, Hilton, Carlson - Gold, BWR - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
Radisson stays in Europe from April to June. Just for info for fellow Golds:

Stayed for 6 nights on points (back when 2 for 1 on wife's and my accounts) at the Radisson Blu Alexander Platz square. Had standard room, upgraded at check in to a Corner Junior suite, buffet breakfast for 2 and in room gift of water and cookies. Outstanding hotel with the largest fish tank in the world. This was for the first two nights on my account. Next 2 were on my wife's account, stayed in jr. suite, no breakfast, another in room gift, water and chocolates. Last two nights on my account got to keep same room, no breakfast, in room gift again, waters and cookies. A 20 euro thank you tip to the desk clerk for keeping the same room was given for his hospitality.

Next stay, Park Inn Dresden for 6 nights 2 on my account, 2 on my son's account and 2 on my wife's account, standard room booked, given upgrade to high floor but room was the same, agreed to a superior room upgrade for 20 euros a night, received in room gift of water, mini bar access, beers, wine, sodas, snacks (I am the wrong guy to get free access to the mini bar LOL), high speed internet (not the free standard), Top floor corner room. I must say I can't complain about the extra 20 per night as the upgraded internet alone was 10 euro, all drinks in mini bar valued at over 30 euros, so it was like half price. Stay was good.

Next off to Radisson Blu Beke Budapest, Hungary, on a 6 night 2 x 2 x 2 stay between wife and my accounts. Booked the Business class room, upgraded to a two room suite with breakfast buffet included, in room gift of waters and chocolates. Rooms were big and spacious. Furniture a little old but what the heck, view of the street and we were on 3 rd floor. Great stay and hook up.

Next stay, Radisson Blu Bratislava, had a 2 for 1 stay on my points night (the good ol days on those CC stays). Received upgrade to Superior room, in room gift of water and candies, breakfast buffet (only the last night as the clerk at check in said no breakfast, checked with another clerk the next day and he said yes, you got breakfast). Overall a great stay and very centrally located hotel.

Overall my fellow FTers not a bad trip and love was given for being a Gold member, except maybe Dresden. Remember, if the check in good and the clerk takes care of you a little tip (20 euro is fine) goes a long way and they appreciate it and why not) More info next year on our Europe trip with Radisson.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does Club Carlson Gold benefit apply to travel agent bookings?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Does Club Carlson Gold benefit apply to travel agent bookings?
Which TA? OTAs (booking.com, hotels.com, etc) typically not, while booked via corportate TAs like AMEX, HRG, ATP etc is should.

However a clear case of YMMV in both situations.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by malkounis
Radisson stays in Europe from April to June. Just for info for fellow Golds:

Stayed for 6 nights on points (back when 2 for 1 on wife's and my accounts) at the Radisson Blu Alexander Platz square. Had standard room, upgraded at check in to a Corner Junior suite, buffet breakfast for 2 and in room gift of water and cookies. Outstanding hotel with the largest fish tank in the world. This was for the first two nights on my account. Next 2 were on my wife's account, stayed in jr. suite, no breakfast, another in room gift, water and chocolates. Last two nights on my account got to keep same room, no breakfast, in room gift again, waters and cookies. A 20 euro thank you tip to the desk clerk for keeping the same room was given for his hospitality.

Next stay, Park Inn Dresden for 6 nights 2 on my account, 2 on my son's account and 2 on my wife's account, standard room booked, given upgrade to high floor but room was the same, agreed to a superior room upgrade for 20 euros a night, received in room gift of water, mini bar access, beers, wine, sodas, snacks (I am the wrong guy to get free access to the mini bar LOL), high speed internet (not the free standard), Top floor corner room. I must say I can't complain about the extra 20 per night as the upgraded internet alone was 10 euro, all drinks in mini bar valued at over 30 euros, so it was like half price. Stay was good.

Next off to Radisson Blu Beke Budapest, Hungary, on a 6 night 2 x 2 x 2 stay between wife and my accounts. Booked the Business class room, upgraded to a two room suite with breakfast buffet included, in room gift of waters and chocolates. Rooms were big and spacious. Furniture a little old but what the heck, view of the street and we were on 3 rd floor. Great stay and hook up.

Next stay, Radisson Blu Bratislava, had a 2 for 1 stay on my points night (the good ol days on those CC stays). Received upgrade to Superior room, in room gift of water and candies, breakfast buffet (only the last night as the clerk at check in said no breakfast, checked with another clerk the next day and he said yes, you got breakfast). Overall a great stay and very centrally located hotel.

Overall my fellow FTers not a bad trip and love was given for being a Gold member, except maybe Dresden. Remember, if the check in good and the clerk takes care of you a little tip (20 euro is fine) goes a long way and they appreciate it and why not) More info next year on our Europe trip with Radisson.
Did you need to request the upgrades at check-in? Or were they already pre-assigned before your arrival?

I ask, because we are presently at the Radisson Blu Royal in Brussels (also booked on the great previous Carlson CC 2 for 1), and nothing was offered in the way of an upgrade. When I asked if they were offering any benefits for Gold Members, she said that she gave us a "nice room" (is comfortable, but certainly not an upgrade) and gave us access to the lounge (water, coke, coffee, apples, yoghurt - END). We bought the breakfast vouchers (at least they were on special - for everyone at check-in at half price...15 Euros per person). Breakfast buffet is excellent, well presented and good quality. The hotel is lovely, and in a great location to Grand Place, Cathedral and much more. And for 44,000 points for 2 nights was a super price!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Tenerife
Did you need to request the upgrades at check-in? Or were they already pre-assigned before your arrival?

I ask, because we are presently at the Radisson Blu Royal in Brussels (also booked on the great previous Carlson CC 2 for 1), and nothing was offered in the way of an upgrade. When I asked if they were offering any benefits for Gold Members, she said that she gave us a "nice room" (is comfortable, but certainly not an upgrade) and gave us access to the lounge (water, coke, coffee, apples, yoghurt - END). We bought the breakfast vouchers (at least they were on special - for everyone at check-in at half price...15 Euros per person). Breakfast buffet is excellent, well presented and good quality. The hotel is lovely, and in a great location to Grand Place, Cathedral and much more. And for 44,000 points for 2 nights was a super price!
Normally for me it is pre-allocated. Sometimes if I do not get upgraded the check-in agent says: "Sorry, we are fully booked at least one night of your stay". I NEVER asked for an upgrade to be honest but so far I would say I'm like 80% successful getting at least a business class room, in my favorite hotel where I stay about 40 nights a year I get jr. suite like 90% of the time without asking.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:47 am

Speaking on my side, for Russia (moscow and spb) this is what happened to me for 3 different radisson hotels I visit from time to time, with booking made under company name.

I was the only one visiting Radisson Spb from our company so there is a nice reception lady that does her best to give me an upgrade to business class, without even I ask for it. If she is not on the reception then I get a standard room, no upgrade (actually asked only once they said hotel is full).

For Moscow hotels, one of Radisson Blu hotel receptionist said that I need CC Credit Card so being Silver Elite doesn't mean anything (didn't really bothered to fill a complain about him).

Other Radisson hotel is always "full" when I ask for an upgrade. So I managed to got email address of front desk lady (got it as a reply to one of my feedback emails) so for this time I asked it over email and got a confirmation.

Based on my experience, even though this is an advantage for Silver and higher levels, I always treated like I am asking for something I shouldn't really ask. And they are like "sorry sir, hotel is full".

So I realized that even though I am Gold Elite, I am being treated like a freeloader, not really happy about it. And looks like I will drop back to Red level soon so not planning to use CC anymore.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've just become a gold card member, so not sure what is upgrade and what is standard as a gold but:

Park Plaza Victorua (London)
Upgraded from queen size room to executive room
Access to executive lounge
Breakfast thrown in at main buffet
Choice of gift - I chose the fruit basket but when it arrived they had sprinkled icing sugar all over it. Sent it back and they replaced straight away without any fuss.

Great experience
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Radisson Vila Olimpia, Sao Paulo

No upgrade from Deluxe room "hotel is full" on a 4-night stay.

In-room gift of one "brigadeiro" chocolate per day - delicious
Free breakfast is included at the property for all guests.

Nice hotel but dirty pools in need of renovation
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Had a nice upgrade to a suite on a redemption stay at Radisson Milan. Hotel is a bit out of the way but the cheap points + nice upgrade made up for it.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
anybody with experience of nor1upgrades along with gold status? I'm opting for some of them as I'd really like to have a larger room where the standard is small (25 m2).

if you get the nor1upgrade then can you claim that you would like a complimentary upgrade as part of gold status? The problem is as per T&C only concierge members are given upgrades to next category.

Complimentary Room Upgrade: is available only when the Elite member is the registered guest. One complimentary room upgrade per Elite member per Eligible Stay. Room upgrade is determined by the participating hotel depending on availability at time of check-in. Room upgrades vary by property and by room category, and may include a room in a preferred location, a room with a preferred view, or a recently renovated room. Concierge Elite members may be eligible for an upgrade to the next room category or to a standard suite, if available.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:16 am

Radisson in Austin and upgraded to their newly renovated suites which was a much needed improvement. The lounge still needed updating when i went

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.