Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member room upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IMH
This made me smile. Thank you.
Not so much for me... it's behavior like this that will get the next gold member no upgrade or at least no breakfast. Free breakfast is not a gold benefit...
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
Radisson Blu Chicago

Gold member because of the CC credit card. I have quite a few stays booked at this hotel over the next few months. Some of the staff have come to recognize me when I check in.

I booked a standard room using my customer's negotiated rate. I was upgraded to a park-view suite which was very nice! No biz lounge access like I had received before though, but it was still a nice upgrade.

This is a fantastic hotel and I highly recommend staying here.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:52 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Free breakfast is not a gold benefit...
I know. What made me smile was GoGreen self-deprecating confession to having had a slightly DYWKIA moment (only "slightly", because the receptionist clearly invited it).
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:51 pm

Stayed at Radisson Blu Mall of America on Points and F&F rate. Upgraded to business class room with lounge access. Wonderful hotel.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 3:06 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Oslo
Upgraded to Business Class Room (Gold Member)
Received a fruit+water+note combo
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
Radisson Blu Chelyabinsk, Russia

Stayed 241 at this excellent new Radisson Blu, got a business class room upgrade on the top floor with the executive lounge access and a really late checkout. The best part was a nuts-and-cheese welcome plate in the country which has imposed an embargo on most food imports from Europe. These folks in Chelyabinsk did walk the extra mile to greet us! (Shame that their in-room Nespresso capsules were fake.)
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:01 pm

Radisson Austin Texas

upgraded to suite with lounge access.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:42 pm

Gold member room upgrades???

Got upgraded for 2 nights at the Radisson Blu Berlin. There was no mention of status during check-in, the welcome gift was a bottle of water and honey (?).

On the 3rd night, I noticed the front desk staff was trying to sell upgrades to customers that were checking in. I politely mentioned the manager I was a gold member & upgrades weren't offered to me. He apologized and changed my room, which was a business suits facing the Berlin cathedral. The room was small, Ikea-looking furniture, but it included a great breakfast.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: IHG, Choice Hotels, Hyatt -Plat, Hilton, Carlson - Gold, BWR - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
Park Inn Prague

Stayed here on an award stay. 2 for 1 on CC Visa benefit and 2 for 1 on my wife's account. 4 nights total. Upgraded to top floor Executive room. Room was nice and had a fruit plate and water as gift. During checkin we were told that we would get the breakfast buffet. However, on third day breakfast room clerk said we were not on list to eat there. Went to front desk same clerk who checked us in and he said no, you dont have breakfast. I said when we checked in you said we did. He denied it, however, we werent charged for the two previous days. Hotel is nicely located away from the downtown area. Local trolley is about a 5 minute walk. Nice mini store around the corner with good cold beer. Great places to eat nearby and nicely priced.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Booked standard room for my friend at Radisson BLU Seaside Helsinki and it was upgraded to Superior

Actually all my past 10 or so bookings have been upgraded to superior but never to business class level, let alone j suite
Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
Booked standard room for my friend at Radisson BLU Seaside Helsinki and it was upgraded to Superior

Actually all my past 10 or so bookings have been upgraded to superior but never to business class level, let alone j suite
I have stayed at the Seaside few times and I always get Superior, but nothing else. And the last time I asked about their policy for upgrades to business class rooms and they said they only give them to Concierge level members, not for golds.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Radisson Aruba

Booked two standard award rooms with points over Christmas, upgraded to partial ocean view rooms on the same floor (4th). Received welcome gift (double-walled tumbler with straw) and letter from GM. Two bottles of water in both rooms first day, but only one of the rooms received additional two bottles next day. Despite the hotel being fully booked, we were able to get late check out until 4 pm. ^
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: Hilton, American, Club Carlson, United, Marriott, Starwood
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Oslo
Upgraded to Business Class Room (Gold Member)
Received a fruit+water+note combo
This is a great hotel overall. (Wish the duvets were larger, but otherwise no complaints about the rooms...)

Their breakfast buffet is among the best (if not the best) I have ever seen, anywhere.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by ghenu
I have stayed at the Seaside few times and I always get Superior, but nothing else. And the last time I asked about their policy for upgrades to business class rooms and they said they only give them to Concierge level members, not for golds.
I can confirm this, being a Concierge member.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1
Booked two standard award rooms with points over Christmas, upgraded to partial ocean view rooms on the same floor (4th). Received welcome gift (double-walled tumbler with straw) and letter from GM. Two bottles of water in both rooms first day, but only one of the rooms received additional two bottles next day. Despite the hotel being fully booked, we were able to get late check out until 4 pm. ^
At Aruba Radisson right now on points. 4th floor Ocean view in B tower. Getting my 2x waters per day but nothing else and nothing from GM. Got to the hotel at 3pm but room wasn't ready until stated 4pm checkin time. Haven't asked yet about late checkout, might not need it. Nice property great on points but no way should anyone be paying $700/night current rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.