Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Radisson properties in Helsinki?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by craz
will be staying at The Plaza early July, early morn flights out of HEL 7 & 7:30am (obviously not flying together) Does anyone know what times the buses start running and how long it takes to get to HEL (thats with 1 'L') Would 2 people sharing a cab be alot more then the bus, if there is a bus

Its the last destination of the trip and Id rather have all my ducks lined up before hand and know what to expect,then to get surprised once over there
Here is timetable for Finnair city buss from Helsinki to the airport.

http://media.finnair.com/files/pdf/F..._TIMETABLE.pdf
Old May 19, 2014, 11:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by novelle
Here is timetable for Finnair city buss from Helsinki to the airport.

http://media.finnair.com/files/pdf/F..._TIMETABLE.pdf
1stly a belated Welcome to FT, I see you will fit in perfectly ( a Giver and not only a Taker).

2ndly Thank You for the link it allows us to plan everything knowing theres a bus (or 2) that we can catch and need not worry about a taxi
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:38 pm
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Any recent experiences in Radisson Blu Espoo?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Bumping up this old thread as I just found out there's a new Radisson Blu hotel in Helsinki! https://www.radissonblu.com/en/aleks...hotel-helsinki

"Located in the heart of Finland’s capital, the Radisson Blu Aleksanteri Hotel, Helsinki provides 4-star accommodation by the trendy Punavuori neighborhood. A dream hotel for guests who love that feeling of being at home, Aleksanteri combines high quality facilities and services of an international hotel chain with a cozy boutique spirit. Reflecting the diverse architecture of the city center, the hotel façade features 2 buildings with 2 design styles. Our Finnish home away from home offers rooms and suites furnished with details like tiled stoves and parquet floors. Amenities like Free high-speed, wireless Internet and cable television add a modern flair to the hotel’s vintage aesthetics. On-site dining, designed with a living room atmosphere, welcomes guests to try local cuisine and home cooking. Experience a true Finnish sauna and take advantage of our fitness area when staying at our Helsinki hotel. Meeting hosts searching for a convenient downtown venue may choose from our 2 on-site conference rooms for business meetings or social events."

The hotel used to be Solo Sokos Hotel Aleksanteri. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...i_Uusimaa.html
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ghenu
Bumping up this old thread as I just found out there's a new Radisson Blu hotel in Helsinki! https://www.radissonblu.com/en/aleks...hotel-helsinki
Wow, that's somewhat surprising given there are already three Radisson Blu hotels in Helsinki - which are all just ~500m away from this new property.

For a city the size of Helsinki four Radisson Blu properties certainly is impressive.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Wow, that's somewhat surprising given there are already three Radisson Blu hotels in Helsinki - which are all just ~500m away from this new property.

For a city the size of Helsinki four Radisson Blu properties certainly is impressive.
Weird move I concur, since they cut away the property in Vaasa

Last edited by FFlash; Apr 6, 2016 at 5:02 am Reason: correction
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire mainly
Stayed at the Radisson Blu Aleksanteri last week and while otherwise an ok experience, the staff really had no clue on how to run things. Apparently the property had only been a Radisson Blu for a week and it did show in all aspects of service.

• Breakfast was good (very nice spread of breakfast items) apart from running out of glasses and not setting the tables after guests were done. Friendly service with coffee refills and promptly clearing away plates.
  • Lunch on the other hand was a let down with very small salad buffet and the main courses were really simple choices of basically pasta or salad. What also amazed me was the small size of the dishes.
  • Received a room upgrade to a business class room which was nice apart from the unclean smell which later on turned out to be the blankets, which were changed. The room was decorated with actual paintings on the walls and and overall red theme, which was a nice departure from the bland hotel rooms one is usually left with.
  • Housekeeping was somewhat of a hit and miss with some towels being replaced and some not. The bed was also not made up on a few occasions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.