Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid Spain * any reviews or comments

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Have any of you guys stayed at the Madrid Spain property? What would be the most economical way to get back n forth from MAD, what benefits if any might a silver elite receive here or is that a funny question?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:35 am

I suppose you mean the Radisson Blu Prado Madrid? (I don’t see any other properties in Madrid...)

I have never been to the hotel, but know where it is. The most economical way to get there is the metro, but you’ll have to switch lines at least 2 times. The hotel is a short walk from the Atocha metro station (not “Atocha Renfe”).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Bumping an old thread with the hope that someone has stayed at the Radisson Blu Madrid Prado since the last post was from 2010.

Am considering this hotel on points for a two night stay in May 2013 as part of our 10 day trip to Spain. Currently have the AC by Marriott Atocha booked using two Marriott Cat. 4 Promo Certificates. Wondering if the location of the Radisson is much better than that of the AC Atocha and about the overall quality of the hotels. AC looks like a modern business hotel while the Radisson Blu looks more luxurious and traditional.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:25 pm

No complaints with the AC Carlton.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:52 pm

I have stayed at the Radisson twice and both times I used my free nights from the stay 2 get 1 free promo they ran. Once for 4 nights, once for 1 and I got upgraded to the suite on both occasions which was pretty sweet.

So my experience is only positive, can't say I did much in the hotel, so can't comment on breakfast etc. but the roomservice if ordered from the restaurant (not the roomservice menu) was excellent and reasonably priced.

Good location although not really near near a metro station. Located in a nice area with nice bars, you just walk up the hill and you are in the middle of it. Can only recommend it.
Stayed in the Carlton twice when it wasn't under the Marriott brand, so probably not fair to comment. Got robbed in the metro before even getting to the hotel so that whole area left a sour taste in my mouth, a lot of pick pokets around Atocha, especially in the metro, so watch out (regardless which hotel you choose)
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:23 pm

Thanks Jancker for the details! Radisson has become somewhat more interesting if I decide to apply for the CC credit card since I can then take advantage of the 2for1 redemption. Have to see if I can actually use my MR Cat. 4 certificates somewhere else. If I can't use the MR certificates anywhere else before their expiration date I might end up going with the AC Atocha after all.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Had a very nice stay 3 day at the Radisson Blu Prado. Staff were uniformly excellent and the breakfast was very good too. The position is, of course, excellent for the museums. And there are loads of eating options nearby.

I have read bad reports from people who got rooms facing an inner courtyard without functioning windows. We had booked a suite and I was extremely happy with the appointments for the price. Would definitely stay there again.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:14 am
Suspended

Any recent experiences with Gold elite? I am staying in May on two for one night reward stay using CC card.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
We got a room in September facing a small street. I don't think it was an upgrade but the room was perfectly fine.
Great little hotel with cool pool in the basement and wonderful staff and location.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 4:58 pm

I too will be here in May as a Gold so I'm also interested in recent experiences.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold,AA Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . SPG gold .
We will be staying at Radisson Blu Prado the middle of April. Wondering if anyone has driven there and how was the parking?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:32 pm

Not big D, do you have to drive? I think it will be a nightmare to park anywhere around there as a garage will be your only option. The closest parking nearby I think is in Calle Atocha 70 and is about 24€/day.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:29 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by Jancker
I have stayed at the Radisson twice and both times I used my free nights from the stay 2 get 1 free promo they ran. Once for 4 nights, once for 1 and I got upgraded to the suite on both occasions which was pretty sweet.

So my experience is only positive, can't say I did much in the hotel, so can't comment on breakfast etc. but the roomservice if ordered from the restaurant (not the roomservice menu) was excellent and reasonably priced.

Good location although not really near near a metro station. Located in a nice area with nice bars, you just walk up the hill and you are in the middle of it. Can only recommend it.
Stayed in the Carlton twice when it wasn't under the Marriott brand, so probably not fair to comment. Got robbed in the metro before even getting to the hotel so that whole area left a sour taste in my mouth, a lot of pick pokets around Atocha, especially in the metro, so watch out (regardless which hotel you choose)
So it's pretty bad for pick pockets in Madrid? or just that area
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:57 am

Rusell, I would always be on the lookout, especially in the center of town. I have seen them also in the gardens between Opera and Palace where it really isn't crowded but I guess as a tourist you are always a bit care-free.

I guess it's not much different than any other big city though, maybe I just have a worse track-record here
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
I have stayed there once! The location is excellent and my stay was fine!

I am rather disappointed that the hotel does not offer C&P and that the 2-4-1 promo is only available for a few weekends in August.

In my last visit to Madrid, I witnessed pick-pocketing for the first time in the metro, just because the thief was kind enough to throw a lady's pursue back to her as the doors were closing (without the money of course).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.