Best Radisson hotel in the world?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Best Radisson hotel in the world?

Any true top luxury Radisson hotel?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
The Mayfair in London maybe?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Not a Radisson but part of the same group the Esplanade Regent in Zagreb is an amazing property, very much a 5 star luxury hotel.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Radisson Berlin is pretty good.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: FB Silver, QR Silver, LeClub Accor Silver, PC Plat
Radisson Blu Le Dhokan's (Paris) is pretty good too

and the Radisson Blu St Helens in Dublin could be really nice if the rooms were freshened up a bit!
Old Apr 18, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum/Life Gold
Radisson Blu Bosphorus in Istanbul has one of the best locations I have been at in a Radisson.

On a side note, while not fancy one of my favourite Radissons is the Radisson Blu Royal in Vaasa, Finland. Lovedly sauna and swimming pool on the top floor. Also the only Radisson with an irish pub in it that I have found.

An African Nomad
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
The Radisson Blu Milano is very flash, it's been rebranded from from another chain, Radisson have done nothing except change the signs, a clear cut above any other Radisson I have ever stayed in. I'm here right now, even got an upgrade to a two room suit, very nice bathroom, walkin shower with rain head, a first for any Radisson I've stayed in.

Still for my money the Regent Zagreb is the best hotel in the Rezidor group that I have slept in, it really is a special hotel.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum/Life Gold
Just staying in the new Radisson Blu Dakar and WOW. Nice rooms with rain showers, overlooking the ocean and nice patio par overlooking the ocean with an infinity pool. Live entertainment every night next to the pool and everything seems top notch. ^

An African Nomad
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KiwiRob
The Radisson Blu Milano is very flash, it's been rebranded from from another chain, Radisson have done nothing except change the signs, a clear cut above any other Radisson I have ever stayed in. I'm here right now, even got an upgrade to a two room suit, very nice bathroom, walkin shower with rain head, a first for any Radisson I've stayed in.
Radisson Milano was formerly the Chedi- which was suppposed to be a design hotel- very nice property indeed.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Talking

Radisson Sydney on Liverpool St. would be the best in the world IMHO. Easy to access facilities and front desk is accessible to all with disablities!

Sanosuke!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Is the "Blu" a luxury collection or something like that?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Is the "Blu" a luxury collection or something like that?
No- it is the rebranding of the hotels which were formally called Radisson SAS- which was a joint branding with the airline- the agreement to use the SAS brand has ended, so the hotels which were SAS are now Blu AFAIK. New builds will be BLU also.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
No- it is the rebranding of the hotels which were formally called Radisson SAS- which was a joint branding with the airline- the agreement to use the SAS brand has ended, so the hotels which were SAS are now Blu AFAIK. New builds will be BLU also.
Indeed most all Radisson SAS hotels are now Radisson Blu hotels -- part of SAS selling off its assets/relationship with Carlson (owners of Radisson).
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cghall74
Radisson Blu Bosphorus in Istanbul has one of the best locations I have been at in a Radisson.
+1 ^

Originally Posted by cghall74
On a side note, while not fancy one of my favourite Radissons is the Radisson Blu Royal in Vaasa, Finland. Lovedly sauna and swimming pool on the top floor. Also the only Radisson with an irish pub in it that I have found.
If I remember correctly (apologies if incorrect), the Blu in Oslo also has an Irish pub.

Not found a Scottish one yet tho!
Old May 2, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus;GPP Gold
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen, is terrrific. It was the original SAS hotel, and built as the "first designer" hotel in 1960. It is right across from the famed Tivoli amusement park.

If you come here now, please note: "The Little Mermaid" is in China at the World Expo right now.

If you are here for New Years, I suggest getting a room at this hotel as high as possible, the fireworks are AWESOME!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.