Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Status Match Done

Hi Mates,

Thanks to everyone I got the Status Match using my SPG status. Am Gold Elte now with GP.

Now the Golden questi, This status is valid till what date and how many stays are required to keep this status further.

Guru's pls advise.

Safe Flying

EGT
Old May 22, 2010, 10:29 pm

Just sent an email yesterday and was asked to fax a copy of my Marriott gold card and my goldpointsplus number to a fax number in the USA, so that Radisson puts me gold.
Old May 25, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
emailed last night to [email protected] with a prinout of my HHonors Diamond account, status match approved this morning, Gold Elite shown on my profile, that was quick.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Marriott Gold -- like Marriott Platinum -- has gotten Goldpoints Plus Gold.
Right today with Marriott Gold status I got only Goldpoints plus Silver (after I faxed copy of my Marriott Gold card to a goldpoints plus fax number in the USA). They wrote me it is an "upgrade" of my account but I was already Goldpoints plus Silver.

I wonder if they match Marriott status only to US residents. When I called the Goldpointsplus phone number for Europe (based in England) I was told they don't match Marriott.

I am working on this and any advice will be gladly welcomed.
Old May 26, 2010, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by vilntrav
Right today with Marriott Gold status I got only Goldpoints plus Silver (after I faxed copy of my Marriott Gold card to a goldpoints plus fax number in the USA). They wrote me it is an "upgrade" of my account but I was already Goldpoints plus Silver.

I wonder if they match Marriott status only to US residents. When I called the Goldpointsplus phone number for Europe (based in England) I was told they don't match Marriott.

I am working on this and any advice will be gladly welcomed.
New email just received from goldpointsplus USA (in fact Carlson) : now they say they match Marriott Gold with GP Silver.
Old May 26, 2010, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by vilntrav
New email just received from goldpointsplus USA (in fact Carlson) : now they say they match Marriott Gold with GP Silver.
Now the ordeal is over : I got status match. But I was told it was as a matter of courtesy and that normally Marriott Gold matches GP silver.
Old May 26, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Somehow I don't have any hotel program membership... Althouth I'm staying in Radissons quite often, but was only crediting it to SAS Eurobonus.

Do you know if any hotel chain is doing a sort of status-match to airline FF programs?
Old May 26, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER

Now the Golden questi, This status is valid till what date and how many stays are required to keep this status further.

Guru's pls advise.

Safe Flying

EGT
I had a membership card in the mail today and it says 2/12. I'm not sure why I thought 2/11, tried to double-check online, but couldn't find anything. The thing I really don't understand is why the highest tier in a hotel program doesn't have any upgrade as a benefit...
Old May 27, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by another_shot
Somehow I don't have any hotel program membership... Althouth I'm staying in Radissons quite often, but was only crediting it to SAS Eurobonus.

Do you know if any hotel chain is doing a sort of status-match to airline FF programs?
As I posted in a SAS-forum thread, I had an interesting experience.

I am Gold with SAS, and stayed at the Radisson Scandinavia in Copenhagen. The staff was promoting Goldpoints to me, and as I will have a few stays in the coming months, I decided to join and not credit to SAS. I filled out the form, they took it at the reception and gave me my red card. They saw from my reservation that I had the SAS Gold card, and mumbled something about it. So guess if my surprise was big when I logged on to my GP account online and I saw that I was Goldpoints Gold Elite! Apparently I got it based on my SAS status, I can't think of any other reason.

So two conclusions: "anyone" can get GP Gold, and GP gives status based on airline status.

Sorry for you who have earned the status with stays/nights...
Old May 27, 2010, 1:30 pm

The only year I got Gold GP status it was after having spent much less nights at Radisson properties than officially advertised. So even by spending nights it is not so difficult.
"Gold with SAS", I suppose you mean Eurobonus Gold ? Well, not everybody is Eurobonus Gold, so I suppose it makes sense you got status match.
Only upgrade I got (but I never asked) was at Radisson Brussels, being Silver (from executive room to a suite). I don't know if Gold really helps for upgrades, although officially it does.

Originally Posted by niksal
As I posted in a SAS-forum thread, I had an interesting experience.

I am Gold with SAS, and stayed at the Radisson Scandinavia in Copenhagen. The staff was promoting Goldpoints to me, and as I will have a few stays in the coming months, I decided to join and not credit to SAS. I filled out the form, they took it at the reception and gave me my red card. They saw from my reservation that I had the SAS Gold card, and mumbled something about it. So guess if my surprise was big when I logged on to my GP account online and I saw that I was Goldpoints Gold Elite! Apparently I got it based on my SAS status, I can't think of any other reason.

So two conclusions: "anyone" can get GP Gold, and GP gives status based on airline status.

Sorry for you who have earned the status with stays/nights...
Old May 27, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Originally Posted by attorney28
I had a membership card in the mail today and it says 2/12. I'm not sure why I thought 2/11, tried to double-check online, but couldn't find anything. The thing I really don't understand is why the highest tier in a hotel program doesn't have any upgrade as a benefit...
Thanks for the info. Guess the only way to find out will be to wait for the card to arrive.

BTW how much time did it take for your card to arrive after the status match???

Safe Flying

EGT
Old May 27, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: GPP SILVER, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER
Guess the only way to find out will be to wait for the card to arrive.
You can always ask the Member Services.
Send them an email, and ask them when your gold status will expire.
That's what I did.

I only received the card after I made my first booking with them.
Old May 29, 2010, 7:28 am

Anyone know if Radisson/Gold Points will status match for IC Ambassador or HHonors Gold and, if so, at what level?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Thanks to the postings here I decided to try a status match with Carlson/Goldpointsplus

I just rec'd a bump up to Gold Elite from the goldpoints plus status w/o stays for years.

Simply emailed a picture of my Plat SPG/IHG cards + Best Western Diamond to [email protected] and within 3 days recieved this message....
" We appreciate your recent message. We have upgraded your account to Gold Elite please allow 4-6 weeks for the new card to arrive. If you do have any stays in that time the card will still be recognized as a Gold Elite account."

Rarely used the Carlson brand in the past due to other committments but attending events at same so will shift some share to this program since I can enjoy Gold status now
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Thanks to the postings here I decided to try a status match with Carlson/Goldpointsplus

I just rec'd a bump up to Gold Elite from the goldpoints plus status w/o stays for years.

Simply emailed a picture of my Plat SPG/IHG cards + Best Western Diamond to [email protected] and within 3 days recieved this message....
" We appreciate your recent message. We have upgraded your account to Gold Elite please allow 4-6 weeks for the new card to arrive. If you do have any stays in that time the card will still be recognized as a Gold Elite account."

Rarely used the Carlson brand in the past due to other committments but attending events at same so will shift some share to this program since I can enjoy Gold status now
still only valid until 02/11? I am thinking about it, but 02/11 would be kind of a joke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.