Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Juan airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:07 am

Are the new terminals done and allows access to all gates behind security?

Also, when we fly into SJU from a Caribbean island and connect to our flight to the mainland... how much time is needed between flights?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by scubamom
Are the new terminals done and allows access to all gates behind security?

Also, when we fly into SJU from a Caribbean island and connect to our flight to the mainland... how much time is needed between flights?
No, they are not done, and yes, access to other terminals. terminal a is jet blue with its own check in and security. terminal b is all other airlines with its own check in and security. After security is when you go to the other terminals via a connector after security. Terminal D, aa, it's about 10-15 minute walk. Terminal c its about 7-10 minutes.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by scubamom
When you arrive from SXM or ANU, you must clear US Immigration, collect your bag, clear security, then go to your gate. If you need to recheck luggage, you may need to go upstairs to the check-in desk / luggage drop before clearing security.

As an example, AA Minimum Connection Times can be found here: For SJU it is 1 hour when arriving from an International (or Caribbean) flight.
--
13F
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
What is the best hotel nearest the airport - not the cruise Pier?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
What is the best hotel nearest the airport - not the cruise Pier?
A quick google search will show that there is only one airport hotel with direct access to airport terminal. This used to be a Best Western but now it is a NON BRAND/CHAIN NAME hotel. You pay for the convenience at being in the airport, with nothing within walking distance. There are other chain hotels in the Isla Verde area, about 5-10 minute cab drive. If you are in for a layover, stay in the airport, if more days, then out side. What exactly are you looking for? Beach, then any hotel in Isla Verde area, golf, they are outside the metro area, Rio Mar, Canovanas. Touristy, yet still kinda American style, then Condado area. Cheap, well, whatever you find that is cheap, but you need to add the transfer cost.

The term BEST is very subjective, you need to be more specific to your needs. Me, I don't care, I live in Illinois, own a house in SJU that I have it rent out and also own a studio in SJU (which I don't rent), 5 minutes ride from the airport and 1 block from the beach. Can't complaint.

Last edited by arollins; Aug 28, 2015 at 9:22 pm
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
San Juan airport

Hi,

I am flying United from San Juan to Newark. As far as I can tell United uses Terminal B and the Global Lounge / Lounge Club / Priority Pass lounge is located at the beginning of Terminal C. Is that correct? How war away are they don each other ?
Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

I am flying United from San Juan to Newark. As far as I can tell United uses Terminal B and the Global Lounge / Lounge Club / Priority Pass lounge is located at the beginning of Terminal C. Is that correct? How war away are they don each other ?
Thanks
Terminals are connected after security, it's about 10-15 minute walk.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by arollins
Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzen

Hi,

Thanks

Terminals are connected after security, it's about 10-15 minute walk.
Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cliff968
As others have said, yes it is easy to navigate inside airport, but once you go out the exit door at baggage claim, you can't get back in easily. Literally have to go back thru security (with a ticket stub or "pass" from your airline desk) to get back to baggage claim. .
Is this still the case? Will we be able to claim our bags and head to our next airline(not same ticket) without having to re-clear security? The only reason we have for checking bags we have is to avoid the liquid rule.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by beachbrew
Is this still the case? Will we be able to claim our bags and head to our next airline(not same ticket) without having to re-clear security? The only reason we have for checking bags we have is to avoid the liquid rule.
If your first airline won't check your bags through, then you will have to reclear security after checking your bags in with your next airline. If your first airline will check your bags through, then you should be able to proceed from your arrival gate to your departure gate without exiting security.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Coming in to SJU on Jetblue (terminal A) and need to get to Silver Airways (i think Terminal B)....do I need to reclear security?
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:12 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Coming in to SJU on Jetblue (terminal A) and need to get to Silver Airways (i think Terminal B)....do I need to reclear security?
You don't, but it's a long walk.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Priority Pass lounge in Terminal C. Open?

Does anyone know if the Priority Pass lounge in Terminal C at SJU is open? It wasn't clear if it is shut down due to COVID.
Thanks for any info!
Edit: to answer my own question, the lounge was open on Saturday, October 31st (I was there around 3PM). It was pretty much empty. A small selection of food and drinks (sandwiches, chips, cookies, beer, wine, soft drinks) which are distributed by the staff - no self service.

Last edited by rittenhousesq; Nov 1, 2020 at 9:56 am
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:02 am

Thanks for the update!
Old Jan 16, 2021, 4:49 pm

Puerto Rico now requires a COVID test within 72 hours of flying. Does that apply to flights from the USA?

Just wondering how that is being conducted/enforced given these are "domestic" flights.

Anyone experience this yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.