Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

NAS Nassau airport questions, issues, lounge etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NAS Nassau airport questions, issues, lounge etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by eloraculo
How long does it take to do immigration and customs(no Bags) in Nassau, then go to the US Departures terminal and do the US customs and Immigration?
Bump. Is a 2.5hr connection time acceptable (without bags and assuming on-time arrival) to clear NAS customs/immigration and then clear US departures/customs/immigration?

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Bump. Is a 2.5hr connection time acceptable (without bags and assuming on-time arrival) to clear NAS customs/immigration and then clear US departures/customs/immigration?

-FlyerBeek
And another bump! Nassau has become an interesting focus for BA tier-point runs while on trips to the US - and it would be nice to know how long to budget for in-out connecting flights. Any advice?
Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
I am traveling to NAS in May (from RIC), how long should I allow to check-in and clear customs on my return flight? I do not have Global Entry. Sites other than this recommend 3 hours which seems excessive to me, but will do so if need be as to not miss my flight.

I understand that this same question has been asked and answered in this thread multiple times but since the last data point is 3 years old I would appreciate an updated recommendation.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: BA GfL
Same question as isle-hawg's; I am planning a MR with two immediate turnarounds at NAS. I see upthread that I can't remain airside, but how long of a layover do I need to make this work? I will be coming from/going to either MIA or CLT.
Old May 29, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Reporting on my experience of an immediate turnaround at NAS this afternoon: I came in on AA from PHL and had a 2.5-hour connection to my AA flight back out to CLT. From coming to a halt at the stand to arriving at my connecting gate took just under an hour (hand baggage only). That included:

- a meaningful wait for the jetway operator
- a LONG walk to the immigration area
- about ten minutes at inbound immigration (I was the first person off the plane)
- a short walk outdoors from arrivals to departures
- standing in line once to show my mobile boarding pass to get into security, only to have it rejected by the machine...then...
- waiting at the AA priority counter to get printed boarding passes...then...
- standing in line a second time to show my printed boarding pass to get into security
- about ten minutes to get through security
- five minutes for US immigration formalities, using the Global Entry kiosks and dedicated lane (which do now exist at NAS)
- a five-minute walk to the gate.

This left me plenty of time to have a delicious bowl of conch soup (and a less than delicious Bahamian beer) at the one non-US-chain dining establishment in the terminal. The best part was going through US immigration, when I handed in my GE slip and spoke to the ICE officer after using the kiosk--he asked me how long I'd been in the Bahamas and I said "about 45 minutes." We had a humor-filled exchange about why that was (I am on a BA tier point run to HNL), and I was on my way.

Entirely pleasant, although sadly, there is no AA or OW lounge at NAS, so I had to pay for my lunch I have nearly 5 hours there on the way back on Friday, so I'm hoping there is some way I can amuse myself outside the airport without spending a fortune.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:34 am

The lounge is nice enough, but I found the failure to disclose prices to be misleading. I also found that, with a Priority Pass that admits more than one, they gave me multiple credits toward purchases.

I wrote on this in a blog post - not sure if admin will let me post it here or not.

http://willrunformiles.boardingarea.....3DUOX5PZ.dpbs
Old May 3, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Has anyone been to Graycliff for breakfast recently? Can I feed two adults and a 3 year old for the $40 voucher that I'll get with the Amex Priority Club membersip? A lot of mixed reviews, I'm just wondering if I'm better off eating elsewhere.

Also, my taxi service scheduled pickup from Atlantis at 8AM, for an 11AM United flight to EWR. Is that enough time?

TIA.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
If you have Global Entry, that pickup time should be ok. We just flew back from Nassau on Monday and breezed through US immigration with GE. However, many people were saying it took 2-3 hours to get through both Bahamas and US immigration. Our plane ended up leaving over 30 minutes late because so many people (43) were still in line (causing us to run for our connection in CLT and barely making it).

Last edited by VaBeachGirl; May 9, 2019 at 9:47 pm
Old May 10, 2019, 11:58 am

Oh, they do preclearance there? That's gonna add a bit of time but we do have have GE, we're Canadian with Nexus cards going to EWR first, so we should be ok. We have a 4hr connection there before our flight to YVR

Did you try that taxi app?

Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:12 am

Looking at booking a trip to NAS and have a customs question.

I live in CLE and am a US Citizen. In the past when we've been, we clear US Customs in NAS.

The cheapest flight home for my date is NAS->YYZ->CLE which makes me nervous because I am headed through Canada. Any idea what that route would mean for customs traveling back to the US?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by dblue
Looking at booking a trip to NAS and have a customs question.

I live in CLE and am a US Citizen. In the past when we've been, we clear US Customs in NAS.

The cheapest flight home for my date is NAS->YYZ->CLE which makes me nervous because I am headed through Canada. Any idea what that route would mean for customs traveling back to the US?
Basically this:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...rt/int-us.html
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Does Bahamas have exit immigration? If departing NAS, is it just check-in, security, CBP?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Does Bahamas have exit immigration? If departing NAS, is it just check-in, security, CBP?
Answering my own question. No Bahamas exit immigration.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 5:42 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ride red
Has anyone been to Graycliff for breakfast recently? Can I feed two adults and a 3 year old for the $40 voucher that I'll get with the Amex Priority Club membersip? A lot of mixed reviews, I'm just wondering if I'm better off eating elsewhere....
You would be better off elsewhere. I stayed at Graycliff so breakfast was included in the room rate -- which is sky high -- and it is not value oriented. Really a "price is no object" kind of restaurant, which does give you 5-star food and service but priced high. Your $40 voucher would cover 1 person

I enjoyed the place and will return again, but only when price isn't a consideration.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:48 pm

We have used Club Mobay at MBJ for their expedited arrival service where they meet you at the gate and get you through customs quickly.
They also have their own line at security when you leave.

I know NAS is pre-clearance for departure but is there an equivalent expediting service for arrivals?
Any that anyone can recommend?

I see some on the website and it seems helpful upon arrival at MBJ. I just don't know about NAS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.