Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

ferry from SXM (Saint Martin and/or Sint Maarten) to Anguilla & St. Bart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM

Will be in SXM for one week, looking to visit Anguilla & St. Bart for one day. Any suggestions/recommendation on which ferry's to use?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I am a frequent visitor to Anguilla. Take the ferry from Marigot on the French side. It will be 20-25 mins to cross over to Blowing Point, cost you USD 20 each way, plus various taxes and fees payable at the terminal before departure. If you are going for the day, you will not need to fill out an Immigration arrival form for Anguilla, and your departure taxes from Anguilla will be lower.

I've never been to St. Bart's.
--
13F
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Bumping an old thread for some advice....if our flight from the US is scheduled to land at SXM at 4:30pm how long will it take to get to the ferry terminal area? If I'm looking at the correct schedule the last ferry from SXM to Anguilla leaves at 6:00. Is 1.5 hours enough time to make the ferry?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:27 pm

1.5 hours is plenty of time to get to the ferry dock from SXM airport, regardless of which dock you are departing. I highly recommend scheduling a taxi ahead of your arrival, so that your driver will instruct you on where to meet him/her. They will get you straight to the dock and most likely provide some beverages along the way. Once at the dock, be prepared to show your passport.

The only possible delay you may have is a wait for luggage on arrival. SXM airport can be a bit slow.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
raganstone Thanks so much for the info! A couple of follow-up questions if I may for you or anyone else reading this:
1. How do I schedule a taxi ahead of my arrival as you suggested? Is the distance to the ferry terminal walkable from the terminal?
2. Should I be concerned about the ferry and the disturbances on the french side of the island. Someone on the Hilton FB elite group posted that the disturbances were impacting the ferry which was news to me so just asking.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by christianj
raganstone Thanks so much for the info! A couple of follow-up questions if I may for you or anyone else reading this:
1. How do I schedule a taxi ahead of my arrival as you suggested? Is the distance to the ferry terminal walkable from the terminal?
2. Should I be concerned about the ferry and the disturbances on the french side of the island. Someone on the Hilton FB elite group posted that the disturbances were impacting the ferry which was news to me so just asking.

1. You can find a few taxi services online, but many of them will require pre-payment and it can be unnerving to send your credit card information or money to someone you've never met in another country. I would always recommend working with a travel advisor to book this ahead of time. If you prefer to do it on your own, there are options online but keep in mind the risk. If you are departing from the traditional St. Maarten Anguilla Ferry Dock, then it is very close to the airport. I wouldn't suggest walking though. It will be hot and carrying luggage out of the airport and trying to find the dock probably won't be a pleasant welcome to the Caribbean. You'll be much happier with air conditioning and a cold beer inside a taxi, even if it's only a 3-5 minute ride. There are some shuttles at the airport, but I do not have personal experience with these.
2. The French side of the island is generally considered the "nicer" side of the island. I'm unsure how anything like this would disrupt the ferry schedule, but the best way to get this information is by working with a travel advisor.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP,STARS, PEN Club,Bellini , Dorchester Diamond, Rosewood Elite, Rocco Knight,Prive,etc.
I strongly discourage ferry from St Martin to St Barts unless you have a stomach of steel .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.