Community
Wiki Posts
Search

October weather in Aruba?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

October weather in Aruba?

We are planning on going to Aruba in two weeks, staying on the west side near Eagle Beach. I have never been there before, and I'm a little concerned because the weather forecast for the area shows "showers" 50% and 60% the whole time we are there.

For those that have been there this time of year, does 50-60% mean we're going to have terrible weather, or is it more likely passing showers in the morning/evening, but overall still good weather?

I'm still at a point where I can reschedule/change destinations without much difference in cost/points. I don't want to spend a week sitting in a hotel room while it rains...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, DL GM, DL KM, National Exec, SPG Gold,
Aruba is a desert island with about 22" of rainfall per year. The worst I have heard about the weather in October is that it can be hot and stale if there is a hurricane to the north. It appears the hurricanes in the caribbean can suck the normal winds from the island.

If there is not a hurricane, then be prepared for constant winds from 8 AM to 8 PM. The gusts are strong enough to pick up sand from the beach and pelt you with it. This happened to me enough that it deterred me from staying on the beach too long.

If it rains, it will be a short shower and move on. Go and enjoy.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Here right now. 90 in the day, 80 at night, a few showers here and there but nothing worth worrying about. It is fairly humid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.