Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Cayman: GCM to beach hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
Grand Cayman: GCM to beach hotels

Hi - what is the most efficient/cost effective form of transportation from the GCM airport to the beach hotels? Are taxis readily available and do they take US plastic? Is Uber available?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Taxis are plentiful (most are minivans) and they will accept USD cash. I have never seen a GCM taxi that is able to take a credit card payment. Your hotel may be able to arrange a pick-up and allow you to charge the transportation to your hotel bill, although it will probably cost more than a taxi.

No Uber during my last visit 20 months ago, and I could not find any information that the situation has changed recently.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.