Changing planes in SJU onward to STX

Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WA,AA,BA,SPG,HH
Changing planes in SJU onward to STX

We're making our first trip to STX next month. SWA to SJU arrives at 12:45p. Jet Blue to STX departs 2:25p... just over 90 minutes to deplane, get checked bags and check back in through security and to the gate.

Is it enough time (we hustle!)? Unfortunately we're fresh out of options if we miss the JB to STX that date, but I'm hoping for an encouraging word or tip, please.

MH
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:30 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
You'll have to change terminals, but if you hustle, it should be JUST enough time.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Bear in mind that this is not a connection. As WN does not interline, if OP no shows for his xSJU, his ticket will be cancelled and it will have whatever value the fare rules for that ticket provide. Depending on the mood of the onward agent, OP will either buy a new ticket, pay a fee or just be issued a BP for the next flight with availability. I would not book WN in this circumstance. Better to book a carrier which can interline or book the later onward ticket.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
It is cutting it very close, especially with checked bags. If you can't change your ticket, I would consider shipping your bag (or a box of your stuff) to your hotel.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Or simply don't check luggage. Hopefully it's not too long a trip and what OP and companion can fit into the 4 carryons allowed by WN (and then check with the onward carrier if need be).
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:21 am

I flew thru SJU 3x in the past couple of months. The airport is undergoing renovation and is a mess.

What day of the week will you be there? On a Saturday or Sunday, I would say it almost isn't possible unless all the stars perfectly align.

Honestly, a 90 minute turnaround that requires checked bags/check-in/TSA scares me.

The airport is large and Terminal A seems to go for miles. It took us a good 20 minutes of really pushing it to get from C to way down the end of A in July.

The best bet would be to get a porter to haul your luggage from baggage claim to the Jet Blue check-in. Last time we did that, the porter took us up an elevator and around the main check-in area, saving us a lot of time. (we were catching a charter and took the charter company's advice to use a porter)

Carry-on only with on-line check in with Jet Blue? You should be fine.

I have very detailed directions outlining the path from the C to A Terminal if you are interested. Jet Blue leaves from A. The signage between the two is awful. Let me know if you would like me to post them.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WA,AA,BA,SPG,HH
Epiloque: A wicked fog rolled into the rust belt that morning shutting down most air for 4 hours in a 6 state area. Missed the aforementioned connection by 10 minutes and couldn't get to St Croix on our 1st day due there. Had to stay in the SJU Airport Hotel and hop on a Seaborne the next morning. My advice: take a taxi to another hotel and pay whatever they want. Never, ever, stay at the SJU Airport Hotel. NEVER. We did carry-on btw, no reason to check at a beach destination unless your taking a tuxedo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.