Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Best time to book low-season Bahamas AI hotel?

Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Poster

I will be traveling to the Bahamas this June and was curious as to when I can start seeing some fluctuation in prices. As of now, pretty much every site I visit is within ~$20 of each other on a 1 week stay.

Is it worth booking now to lock in the rate incase it goes up / or cancel and rebook if price drops?

- Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:38 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As the OP is focused on the Bahamas, I'll move this to the dedicated forum on the region. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
I'm not sure if June is considered low season. Compare the prices you see for June to the prices for December. That will give you an idea of the savings you are getting.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, going for Gold this year
June is a busy time at many all-inclusives in the Bahamas, since it's wedding season, and all-inclusives are very popular with honeymooners. I would try November or early to mid December if you're looking for low season prices.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:04 pm

If i were you i would book now. Low season in the Bahamas is usually Sept-Oct.

Basically the rest of the year is high demand, ranging from snowbirds, to springbreakers, to summer families
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:51 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Basically the rest of the year is high demand...
this always has amazed me that people spend $ to get to the Caribbean or Mexico resorts when it is summertime in the U.S., makes the world go 'round I guess.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
this always has amazed me that people spend $ to get to the Caribbean or Mexico resorts when it is summertime in the U.S., makes the world go 'round I guess.
For non-Caribbean destinations like the Bahamas, fishing and diving are usually better in the summer months.
Agree that Sept/Oct may get better rates.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
It's not so much the weather as the scenery and the feeling of relaxation/solitude you get when you think "island".

You simply can't get this in the U.S. Even the keys can't stand against most limestone Caribbean islands.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:35 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
nice photo & one I'd be all over during wintertime. Photo does not look refreshing at all (to me) during summertime, not one bit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.