Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Punta Cana trip please help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Punta Cana trip please help

We are thinking of going to Punta Cana during Memorial Day weekend and would like to stay for five nights. We will be traveling form BOS. I need advice on how to use my points wisely. Here are some details of the points I have:
SPG about 100,000 points
Southwest about 200,000 points with companion passes for kids.
I am thinking of using SW points for flights as well as for all inclusive resorts. I want to keep SPG points for Europe visit next year (2016).
Could you please help us to decide and what resort we should look for.

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, Delta, Hilton
The Barceló Palace Deluxe, they have a family side of the resort which is really great with kids would be my first choice. The Gran Bahia Esmeralda, Riu Palace and maybe Iberostar would follow with SW points. However points wise for 5 nights plus airfare for 2 (you noted that you have companion passes for the kids) would probably run over 200,000 points I would think. The lower point resorts SW has in my opinion you will be disappointed. Using SPG points I think there is the Westin and Four Points Sheraton which is not actually a all-inclusive nor on the beach. There are the Alsol properties which are pretty nice and low in points however neither is directly on a beach so to speak. And when I visited the dining options were limited and it just did not seem a good fit for kids. Again they are nice properties just not really all-inclusive and directly on a beach. If you have a couple that you see you like I would be more than happy to offer what information I have about them.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Book08
Could you please help us to decide and what resort we should look for.

Thanks
For an amazing stay, try to book on Iberostar, Melia (Including Paradisus), or Dreams.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:09 am

I just booked the Sheraton Four Points for 2000 SPG points.

It's walking distance from the airport.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by enwhycee
I just booked the Sheraton Four Points for 2000 SPG points.

It's walking distance from the airport.
Keep in mind that there might be no sidewalks. Better to take a 5-minute cab ride than exposing yourself to walk on a highway with no pedestrian conditions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.