Wiki Posts
Search

SXM checking + security times

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:40 am
Original Poster

SXM checking + security times

Good Day All!

I am trying to figure out how far before my flight I should be arriving at SXM for check-in? Departing at 3 in the afternoon, business class on american airlines going to the US. Departure is the beginning of Jan on a Thursday. I've heard lines are pretty long and the airport is chaotic. Is arriving 2 hrs prior to departure going to be enough? Does AA have a separate line for business check-in?

Normally I would just arrive 3 hrs ahead to be safe but we are traveling with a toddler during prime nap time so i'm trying to schedule things out the best I can to save everyone from crying too much.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
I've had it be highly variable on the times I've gone through. Once or twice there was virtually no line and other time absolute chaos. That chaotic day was a Saturday for whatever that's worth as a single data point.

(This most recent time we had a premium service from St. Barth which took us through VIP style ... that was awesome! )

akaik there is no first/business class line for any airline... I would have used it.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
SXM is not that chaotic, and especially not on a Thursday. Sat and Sun are the busy days at SXM. You can do everything you need to do in 60-75 mins. Two hrs will be plenty of time.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.