Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

St. Barth recommendations (dining & more)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA Priemier Gold

Hi all. Heading to St. Barth next week for a little romantic time with Mrs.dergon. Usually when we're in the Caribbean we're coming off a sailboat and take whatever eats and drinks are in walking distance from the dinghy dock.

But this time we're going fancy

So I was hoping those familiar with the island might make some recommendations for us. Hotel is already set, but I'm hoping to hear about pretty much everything else.... dining, drinking, activites, what have you.

Thanks!

dergon
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cheeseburger in Paradise.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:30 pm

Taiwana for a long wonderful lunch. Grab a lounge chair, Have the Lentil Salad, swim between courses, Beef or Fish for the main, walk on the beach and come back and have dessert.( Lemon Tart) Bottle of Ott Rose makes the meal perfect.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Hi all -

Back from St. Barth. Perfect weather, lots of fun and foie gras

We tried to *mostly* keep to modestly priced places (my perspective on that on St. Barth basically is around €100 or less for two with drinks). Thought I'd give a bit of follow up.

For Doc Savage we quickly found our Cheeseburger in Paradise at Le Select. We were chatting with some sailors by the marina and quickly were directed there. This is, best I can tell, the only dive bar on St. Barts. There are sweaty locals in work clothes, sailors, crew from charter boats, and families feeding hungry kids. Drinks are cheap ( 2 mini Heinekens and a glass of house wine for €8). The burger is cheap and small. Just a simple frozen patty with a basic bun from the packs that you order at a little window then pick up yourself when ready.

But while the food is nothing special, the outdoor courtyard is shaded and breezy. It is a perfect place to people watch and relax without hitting you pocket book.

_____

The most pricey meal we had, and the best, was down in Saline at a place called Meat & Potatoes. The thing to do there is to get a steak for 2 that comes with multiple sides and dipping sauces. We had a 650gm flank steak with truffled mash potatoes, some other sides, a salad and nice bottle of St. Emilion. Total was around €130.

__

OK -- gotta run .... more to come

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.