Honeymoon To Caribbean ??????'s

Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Honeymoon To Caribbean ??????'s

Hello All,

I am currently planning my honeymoon for next July and my fiance and I have decided that the Caribbean will be our destination, and probably Jamaica more specifically. We have been checking out Sandals and the Couples AI resorts and wanted to get some opinions on what people think of each one and what is or is not recommended.

We are looking for a place that has a wide range of activities to choose from (ie SCUBA diving, snorkeling, sunset cruises, rafting, swimming with dolphins, etc) as well as a fun party scene. We would like to stick with a couples only resort and great food is a must.

So with all of that am I looking at the right place with Sandals or Couples in Negril? Any other resorts or even different islands I may be missing the boat on?

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Derek

I also forgot to mention that sandals is offering 65% off of reservations for the next three days and couples is offering 50% off.......
Old Jul 26, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Had some friends honeymoon at Secrets http://www.secretsresorts.com/ and said it was fabulous. It's upmarket. It looks like the have some in Jamaica and also three in Cancun area.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:13 pm

Caribbean Cruise Honeymoon - 2012

Looking to go cruising in April 2012 for my honeymoon. Any cruisers have recommendations?
Our biggest concerns are:
1) Being able to (mostly) avoid children & families. Although I think booking a suite should keep us on a level that limits the amount of rugrats.
2) Avoiding Mexico. The fiancee is really concerned about visiting any of the Mexican ports for obvious reasons, and its not helping that my company's global security wing denied my request for travel to Mexico for a project.

Really starting from scratch here, so any input would be great.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: No preference
Carnival and Disney is for families
Old Jul 13, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Start be looking at www.vacationstogo.com they have a good listing of the cruises, ships, and ports. Once you have narrowed it down come back and ask questions that are a bit moew specific.

If you go spring break there will be kids no matter what.

The longer the cruise the less kids on board as a general rule.

Disney will have more kids.

Carnival may have more kids but it will depend on itenerary and length.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.