Florida to Grenada flight options

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Florida to Grenada flight options

Looking for flights from Florida (MCO, FLL or MIA) to Grenada;
Options seem to be limited.
I find only one non-stop from Miami and the rest are a mix of airlines with many stops or weird connections.
Unless I take the non-stop - on the days and times it is available - I find myself flying the entire day.
Any suggestions? other options I have missed?

Question # 2; Looked for flights to Grenada around January 9th and most are either sold out or very expensive; is that a high season? I know the winter is high-season but the weekend after New Year? usually that is the time to get bargains.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold
There's only the one nonstop from Mia on AA to GND. Your other options are flying to SJU and taking American eagle or doing something on Air Jamaica. I've flown both air Jamaica JFK-GND and the MIA-GND route. I'd definitely recommend AA. AA doesn't face competition on this route which I'd guess is part of why they can charge more.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by keisari
Question # 2; Looked for flights to Grenada around January 9th and most are either sold out or very expensive; is that a high season? I know the winter is high-season but the weekend after New Year? usually that is the time to get bargains.
There is a large university in Grenada with many, many US and Canadian students. I suspect the date you are looking at is just before classes resume in January.

For alternate routes, look at flying from Florida to POS, TOB or BGI and catching a short Liat DH-1 flight from there.
--
13F
Old Dec 26, 2010, 6:40 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
There is a large university in Grenada with many, many US and Canadian students. I suspect the date you are looking at is just before classes resume in January.
They begin the 11th... I have a few friends going to med school there.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mkt
They begin the 11th... I have a few friends going to med school there.
The University is responsible directly and indirectly for over 15% of the country's GDP.
--
13F
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:08 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
The University is responsible directly and indirectly for over 15% of the country's GDP.
--
13F
Really? That's quite impressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.