Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Non-airline lounges in SXM (Princess Juliana airport)?

Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:56 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

Hi all,

We're travelling to St-Maarten in December. Since our flight is chartered, it means we'll get bussed, like sheep, to the airport some ungodly number of hours before the flight; I hardly look forward to sitting in the waiting hall with 10 million people, an infant who is guaranteed to start crying, and a wife who will certainly become antsy if the baby starts crying. So I would love to hang out in a lounge somewhere...... with the wife, of course, I don't mean to run away from her.

So - would anybody know if there are any paid lounges in the airport? Since our flight is charter, I wouldn't be able to use any alliance lounges anyhow.

Any help welcome. Thanks very much!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Just flew out of SXM today.

There is an independent lounge unaffiliated with any program that will allow entry to any passenger for $20. They take priority pass too.

I didn't go in (or at least I didn't get past the clerk ) but it does exist.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:23 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Just flew out of SXM today.

There is an independent lounge unaffiliated with any program that will allow entry to any passenger for $20. They take priority pass too.

I didn't go in (or at least I didn't get past the clerk ) but it does exist.
Funny - I just flew out on Friday And yeah I saw that lounge. But I ended up sitting around on Maho Beach for far too long watching planes land, so by the time I got to the airport, I was more or less out of time - and didn't want to spend 20 bucks for less than an hour.

The bar guy in the departure area was pretty cool, so that was time well spent, hehe.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
The problem with the bus, is 50 people checking in at exactly the same time. Depending on where you are staying, a taxi might only be $20-25 to SXM, a worthwhile investment if it means checking in before or after the crowds. Security screening can be a bit slow at SXM. Once you are airside, there are enough shops, icecream/coffee/sandwich stands to occupy a bit of time. There might even be a kids play area.
--
13F

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.