Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Northeast to caribean in feb, 4-5 days...

Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
I just got married two months ago, and before we have kids we wanted to do some traveling in february or early march. I am looking for a trip from the northeast (preferably Hartford, but Newark, JFK, LGA or Logan also work). I don't care where we go, just needs to be warm. I was thinking bahamas, PR, DR, etc. I have such wide parameters I am having issues. Is there a good day to fly? A website for such general desires? This is my first post on this site and am hoping for some direction. Thanks all!!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Point401 and congratulations on your marriage.
I am moving this over to the FT Caribbean Forum for discussion. Please follow there. I might also suggest studying that forum for some ideas.
Good luck.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Point401
Hi,
I just got married two months ago, and before we have kids we wanted to do some traveling in february or early march. I am looking for a trip from the northeast (preferably Hartford, but Newark, JFK, LGA or Logan also work). I don't care where we go, just needs to be warm. I was thinking bahamas, PR, DR, etc. I have such wide parameters I am having issues. Is there a good day to fly? A website for such general desires? This is my first post on this site and am hoping for some direction. Thanks all!!
I would do a search on ITA (matrix.itasoftware.com). Do some 300 mile searches for departure and destination airports. You can also search a range of dates so that you can see what sort of options are available. When searching the Caribbean, I'll generally do a search within 300 miles of SJU to cover the north (e.g. bahamas, virgin islands, DR, etc. and another within the radius around GND to cover the rest of the leeward and windwards. You can then also search around GCM to cover there and Jamaica.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:04 am
Original Member

Mid-March Bahamas is probably pretty safe, but any earlier, and I think you are taking a chance. I assume you want to swim, and in February it can be in the 60's if a real cold spell comes through. We did it one year, and since it is not tropical, we don't include it in ourlist of places to go in cold weather any longer.

I'd go at least as far south as Turks and Caicos.

A lot depends upon what you want. Swimming? Lots of places. Good snorkeling right off the beach (which is what I am always looking for)? Not as many places fit the bill.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.