Wiki Posts
Search

Time to clear customs in Bermuda?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status-free
Time to clear customs in Bermuda?

I'm looking at an MR yyt-yyz-bda-yyz in February, and I have only an hour to turn around in bda (presumably onto the same plane that brought me in). Do I have to clear customs and go back in, or can I just hang around the gate and re-board? If I have to clear, is an hour cutting it too close?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE
Originally Posted by biglinguist
I'm looking at an MR yyt-yyz-bda-yyz in February, and I have only an hour to turn around in bda (presumably onto the same plane that brought me in). Do I have to clear customs and go back in, or can I just hang around the gate and re-board? If I have to clear, is an hour cutting it too close?
If it is like most countries in the Carribean, you likely have to clear customs. Time to clear? That would depend on whether how many British Airways and Air France 747s disembark just prior to your arrival.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: DL-PLATINUM, HH-DIAMOND
MUST CLEAR Immigration & Customs in Bermuda

You MUST clear Immigration & customs in Bermuda (not allowed to stay on plane as in some other jurisdictions).

AC is usally the 2nd commercial flight in for the day - so you should clear customs fairly quickly. The flight before this one is usually a DL 737 from BOS.

As a non-bermudian you'll have to use the TOURIST/VISITOR lines to the right as you enter immigration.

NO WAY IF YOU HAVE LUGGAGE - maybe if you have a carry on only. Also - if you have a carry on only and clear quickly you may be pulled aside for additional customs inspection.

There is usually an air canada agent in the baggage claim area that can assist you if necessary.

You may be able to check in for both your inbound and outbound flight.

After you clear immigration & customs make a right out the building across the crosswalk & the AC check in counter is the 1st counter - to the right of that is the AC departures area. They have a small duty free area with great prices!

*** YOU'LL NEED TO CHECK IN FOR BOTH YOUR YYZ-BDA & BDA-YYZ SEGMENTS *BEFORE* you leave YYZ ***

Good luck!!!

If you miss it - CO has an afternoon flight to EWR! Otherwise you can always overnight in BDA!!!

Last edited by BDABOY; Nov 26, 2010 at 10:12 am Reason: You'll need to check in for BOTH your inbound/outbound flights in YYZ.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: DL-PLATINUM, HH-DIAMOND
yyt-yyz-bda-EWR-yyz is probably more feasable!!!

yyt-yyz-bda-EWR-yyz is probably more feasable!!!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status-free
Thanks, BDABOY. I really *should* spend at least a night as I've never been, although it doesn't seem like the kind of place that would want somebody used to spending $25 a night on accommodations.

But those $75 fares from yyz were awfully appealing...
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:37 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
I kind of LOL'd at this.. I mean, you're in Bermuda... what's the hurry? Then I realized that I am on FlyerTalk and there is probably some scheme and reason behind this...
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Immigration lines, and customs line, can move slow in BDA. Do everything possible to be near the front on the line.

On the departure side, I assume you will altready have your BP. You will need to clear security only. There is no outbound passport control in BDA.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.