Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Recommendation: Sailing instructor in St. Maarten or the BVI?

Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, AS MVP Gold. Happily ex-1K, ex-Exec Plat, ex-DL Diamond for 5 years each

Some friends of mine and I are looking to hire a captain / ASA-certified sailing instructor for a week this winter.

Our plan would be to charter a bareboat and hire the instructor, with the goal of becoming ASA-certified (keelboat+) over the course of a week. Some of us already have substantial sailing experience, so the idea is that with our own private instructor we can progress at different paces (so that those who are already more experienced can gain more advanced certifications).

Has anybody done anything like that? Suggestions, recommendations on where I might go looking for an instructor?

Also, if you've had luck with any of the ASA sailing schools in the past, we're open to that idea as well (esp. if we can work with them to create a custom program).

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.