Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant suggestions in Grand Cayman

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:38 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Related post (with list of restaurants as of March 2017) here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28131880-post8.html
Old May 1, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Any other recent restaurant reports? Others in my party ID'd Pappagallo, Calypso, Alfresco, Heritage Kitchen, Seymour's Jerk Center, Grand Old House, and Brasserie as places to target for a nice dinner (Morgan's for lunch).
TRRed
Old May 19, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Follow-up from our visit:
Calypso Grill was excellent. Bro-In-Law (a foodie) commented that he would be happy eating there every night for 2 weeks and would have a different entree every night.
We had an excellent lunch at Chicken Chicken.

Edited to Add:
We had an excellent, filling lunch at Vivine's near Gun Bay on the East End. Parking was limited. Lunch consisted of a main dish choice (I had BBQ'd chicken; others had spare ribs and fried fish) and included 4-5 vegetable/starch sides.
We also identified but did not get to try Tukka (also East End) and Over the Edge on the north side. A friendly person also eating at Vivine's concurred those would have been great choices.

We stayed at Renaissance condos on 7 Mile beach. Upscale facility, fairly centrally located. Comfortable, with great ocean views.

The last night we did a Biouminescence Bay tour. It departed from Cayman Islands Yacht Club, and included a very bumpy ride across the North Bay, which bothered one of our older members. Alternative was a long drive (probably 90 min) over to Rum Point. Several of our party got Jellyfish or similar stings while in the Bio Bay. The Bio Bay is a recent man-made body of water that the microorganisms showed up in a few years ago. What you see looking through a face mask in the bay appears to be small, glowing bubbles. The glow was not enough to be captured on GoPro video. I am not sure any of our party would do that tour again.

Last edited by TRRed; May 22, 2017 at 4:46 pm Reason: Added content noted above.
Old May 27, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by TRRed

The last night we did a Biouminescence Bay tour. It departed from Cayman Islands Yacht Club, and included a very bumpy ride across the North Bay, which bothered one of our older members. Alternative was a long drive (probably 90 min) over to Rum Point. Several of our party got Jellyfish or similar stings while in the Bio Bay. The Bio Bay is a recent man-made body of water that the microorganisms showed up in a few years ago. What you see looking through a face mask in the bay appears to be small, glowing bubbles. The glow was not enough to be captured on GoPro video. I am not sure any of our party would do that tour again.
We did a bioluminescent tour in kayaks on a pitch black night and had a fantastic time.The shuttle ride over (on land) took about an hour and the ride was fine. While you could not take photos or video as the organisms were too small to capture, the experience was unique and a great way to spend the evening. I would do it again.

www.caymankayaks.com

edited to add: We always go to Copper Falls Steakhouse and enjoy it. Also, can't beat the $6.99 breakfast at Coconut Joe's, a small outdoor restaurant across the street from the Marriott.

Last edited by flyerwife; May 27, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.